Carrier And Gears - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Carrier And Gears

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 03-10-2005, 08:12 PM   #1
skp94yj

Carrier And Gears

I HAVE A 94YJ WITH D30 FRONT AND D35 REAR WITH 3:07 GEARS AND I WANT TO PUT 4:10 GEARS IN. I KNOW I NEED NEW CARRIERS TO RUN 4:10 GEARS AND I FOUND A SET OF FRONT AND BACK FOR A GOOD DEAL BUT THEY ARE OUT OF A 97 OR NEWWER TJ AND ALL MY CATALOGS GIVE A DIFFERNT NUMBER FOR THE D30 FRONT IN A TJ THAN THE D30 FRONT IN MY YJ. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE AND IS THERE A WAY TO MAKE THEM WORK? THE BACK SEEMS TO BE THE SAME BUT IF I"M WRONG LET ME KNOW. ANY INFO WILL BE GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skp94yj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2005, 08:20 PM   #2
chopperkid2000
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Naw i think the rear is different , and the front should be the same Not real sure someone here should know.. If you have any trouble let me know i just pulled a d 35 outta the rear of mine which has stock 4.10 gears new drain plug cover and brand new drums shoes etc. I will sale for 125 $.. I just put in a ford 8.8 and locker. The d 35 works great it came out of my 95 YJ which has 87000 miles.. Good luck

Last edited by chopperkid2000; 03-11-2005 at 06:23 AM..
chopperkid2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2005, 08:42 PM   #3
skp94yj

Thanks For The Info And The Offer For The Rear. I Really Want To Do The Same Thing With A 8.8 But Im Pressed For Time And My D35 Is Vibrating Bad And Im Going On A Trip With It Next Weekend. I Was Just Gonna Put The Gears That My Buddy Has Because They Are Cheap And Avalible. Thanks For Replying Though!
Unread 03-10-2005, 08:45 PM   #4
ErikJordan
Pimp Hand

1995 YJ Wrangler 

the dana 30 on a yj is completely different than a tj.
the yj is "reverse cut" the tj is not. the yj is a stronger dana 30.

What is all of this talk of Savvily designed products?
ErikJordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2005, 08:52 PM   #5
tobias94yj
Hillbilly Member

1994 YJ Wrangler 

you will also hear people refer to yj and xj d30's as HP D30's for high pinion. the rears are the same with the exception of the hardware to mount the suspension. your d30 also has cast rotors instead of the cheaper composite rotors found on tj's
Unread 03-10-2005, 08:54 PM   #6
tobias94yj
Hillbilly Member

1994 YJ Wrangler 

what do you mean by your d35 is vibrating? are you lifted and how much? do you have a t-case drop if you are lifted? I have never heard of a rearend vibrating. are you guys going to do the gear swap?
Unread 03-10-2005, 09:09 PM   #7
skp94yj

I Have A 2.5 Bds Lift With The Drop T Case And 31's. I Already Replased The U-joints And T Case Mount. I Pulled The Cover Off And The Spidder Gears Are Worn Pretty Bad And The Move Back And Forth (if You Know What I Mean ,not The Normal Moveing) Any Sugegtions Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.