Cargo Net? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Cargo Net?

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 06-02-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
digizure
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Cargo Net?

I'm looking to buy a cargo net - something similar to Raingler nets but those are kind of expensive. I just want one to prevent my new puppy from jumping out. Does anyone know where I could purchase one? I just need all three rear openings covered. Thanks.

M

digizure is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #2
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Maybe something like this would work:

http://www.jeepcargonet.com/
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 10:58 PM   #3
Brads_nky_yj

Here ya go:

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=42823
Unread 06-03-2009, 08:26 AM   #4
havasu
On permanent vacation

2004 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=39867
If you have a Harbor Freight store near you, they sell real inexpensive pick up truck cargo nets that can be secured to your roll bar with the aid of a few zip ties.
havasu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2009, 12:37 PM   #5
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasujeeper View Post
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=39867
If you have a Harbor Freight store near you, they sell real inexpensive pick up truck cargo nets that can be secured to your roll bar with the aid of a few zip ties.
Those are the bungy type, but would work wonderfully, if you're only keeping the pup in. You can also check with a local Army surplus and see if they carry any cargo netting, have also seen some on eBay.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #6
ImpactFabWorks
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Smutty built has them now. The have them at 4wd.com and they are only $80 I think
ImpactFabWorks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2010, 07:27 PM   #7
Bnabb
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Maybe a stupid question and i dunno if anyone has answered this or not but my 93 has nothing along the rear of the tub. It hasn't had anything since i bought it but it's just the tub, no rail or snaps or anything. I'll try and get a pic soon, but i was wondering if anyone Knew what exactly i needed to use the Smittybuilt C*Res and where i can get them for fairly cheap.
Thank you and much appreciated
Bnabb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2010, 07:38 PM   #8
merckx9
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You need to get a factory belt rail channel for the rear of the tub. You need them for the YJ soft top. Put out a WTB (want to buy) and I'm sure some one will sell you one. I saw one on here a few months ago. They bolt on where your hard top bolts in. Hope this helps.
Unread 06-02-2010, 07:48 PM   #9
Bnabb
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Yes that helps a lot. Is there anywhere that actually sells them or can i only get one from someone else?...Not meaning to hijack the thread.
Unread 06-05-2010, 07:44 AM   #10
spaceboy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I have one of these and its AWESOME!

http://www.bigboyjeep.com/

Says its only for a TJ, but fit my YJ just fine... I have 2 dogs and they love it!

use coupon code - TJNET50 and get 50% off your order $99 or more - only catch is the net can’t be black.

that puts you at about $50-$60 (shipping included) for the basic cover net (sides and back of roll bar). Even comes with a set of FREE grab handles... can’t go wrong at this price!

If you have dogs - this is the best $50 you can spend for your rig! Even if you don't have pets - I have gotten a great deal of compliments on te looks of the netting.

I made a mod to this as I didn’t want to leave it on the jeep all the time... the snap/buckles it comes with only gives you enough to do a quick release to gain access to the back of the jeep. I converted to all snap buckles (picked some up on ebay) so I could quick release the entire net.

there are multiple versions/options for this netting, but here is a link to the most functional set up.

http://www.bigboyjeep.com/wrangler-n...it-p-8302.html

Let me add that - when using for pets - the only issue is that the rear/bottom gaps a little - no matter how hard/tight you pull on it. This is a non issue for me as I have the rear tire mouned in the tailgate. still better than nothing and im sure you can playaround with it/mod to your needs.

Last edited by spaceboy; 06-05-2010 at 07:54 AM.. Reason: added link
spaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2010, 08:38 PM   #11
Bnabb
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Is there someway I could make something like the belt rail channel? One of you guys that have the CRES could u post a pic of what the bottom looks like? It would b much appreciated
Unread 05-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #12
Jrivv
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy View Post
I have one of these and its AWESOME!

http://www.bigboyjeep.com/

Says its only for a TJ, but fit my YJ just fine... I have 2 dogs and they love it!

use coupon code - TJNET50 and get 50% off your order $99 or more - only catch is the net canít be black.

that puts you at about $50-$60 (shipping included) for the basic cover net (sides and back of roll bar). Even comes with a set of FREE grab handles... canít go wrong at this price!

If you have dogs - this is the best $50 you can spend for your rig! Even if you don't have pets - I have gotten a great deal of compliments on te looks of the netting.

I made a mod to this as I didnít want to leave it on the jeep all the time... the snap/buckles it comes with only gives you enough to do a quick release to gain access to the back of the jeep. I converted to all snap buckles (picked some up on ebay) so I could quick release the entire net.

there are multiple versions/options for this netting, but here is a link to the most functional set up.

http://www.bigboyjeep.com/wrangler-n...it-p-8302.html

Let me add that - when using for pets - the only issue is that the rear/bottom gaps a little - no matter how hard/tight you pull on it. This is a non issue for me as I have the rear tire mouned in the tailgate. still better than nothing and im sure you can playaround with it/mod to your needs.
I know this is old, but How are these nets now? I saw bigboyjeep netting, and i thought the price was appealing, but i am a little skeptical on the quality and fitting of them, since they are so cheap compared to other nets... judging from the picture, it looks like they leave a decent size gap on the side panels as well... other nets seem to cover more. my main option are the nets from jeepcargonet.com, but I would like to know about bigboyjeep nets too
Jrivv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 07:07 AM   #13
lutzke21

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Though I don't have a point of reference on the nets you've listed, I've had my Raingler nets for over a decade now. NO issues at all. That says something in my book.

I've hung heavy ruck sacks off of them and tied down lumber to them. As for the price, buy once, cry once...

'94 YJ on 35s

Sept '14 YJOTM
July '13 YJOTM
lutzke21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #14
chuck172
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I'll be building my own cargo net. Looks pretty simple.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...orial-1505510/
I ordered all the material should be coming any day now.
chuck172 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #15
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

Buy Raingler or Aspen. Buy American

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.