Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

carb questions

866 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Jeep44 
#1 ·
I just did the MC2100 swap on my jeep. I am having some problems. After it starts it seems to surge and pop until it stalls. I am not sure if all the hoses are hooked up completely. Which hoses have to be hooked up. Does anyone have a diagram or photo of their setup?
Any help would be appreciated. thanks

#2 ·
Here's the best quick advice i can give.

Vacuum lines: Distributor to front driver's side port on the carb (Yes it was on the manifold where the brake line is)

EGR: to the port on the passenger side of the carb

PCV: to the large manifold vacuum port on the rear of the carb

Do a Nutter by-pass. It is real easy. It takes the computer out of the distributor. This is where mine was sputter and popping from when i did my mc2100. my timing was retarded and this caused the rough idling.

Hope this helps.

Now set the timing.

#3 ·
Jeep44 said:
Here's the best quick advice i can give.

Vacuum lines: Distributor to front driver's side port on the carb (Yes it was on the manifold where the brake line is)

i'm not sure i am reading this right, but you do not want the vacuum line to the distributor advance to be connected to a manifold source of vacuum.....this will cause the idle to be too high and the distribitor will not advance as it should....it should be connected to a ported source of vacuum that increases as the rpm's of the engine increases......manifold vacuum stays the same all the time...

#5 ·
Originally, My distributor vacuum line was hooked into the manifold vac with the Carter and Computer. When I switched out, it went to the port vac.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.