Carb to FI conversion??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Carb to FI conversion???

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #1
Struble12
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Carb to FI conversion???

I bought a 93' wrangler FI that was in a front end wreck . Is it possible to swap the FI unit from that to my 90' Sahara?

Struble12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 05:28 PM   #2
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yep, people do it all the time. Search "4.0 head swap". You'd be best off to put the 4.0 head on your block and take all of the FI stuff with it.

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
Struble12
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Ok cool, thanks! By the way your jeep looks awesome!!
Unread 06-05-2011, 05:47 PM   #4
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struble12 View Post
Ok cool, thanks! By the way your jeep looks awesome!!
Thanks.

Make sure to do your research. I don't know everything about this swap off the top of my head. But I've seen people having to close off some of the water jackets that are in the 4.0 head that don't match up to anything on the 4.2 block. I couldn't tell you which ones or the best way to go about that though.

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 11:11 PM   #5
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I think it'd be easier to swap the entire 4.0.
timatoe is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.