Can't retrieve error codes (91 4.0l) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Can't retrieve error codes (91 4.0l)

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #1
idskot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Can't retrieve error codes (91 4.0l)

I have a '91 4.0L Automatic. I've been able to get codes from it in the past, and until today I hadn't had a check engine light issue.

2 months ago a yoke strap busted, and since then I've been saving up the money / time to get an 8.8 installed. I started it up today to move it (I've been starting ti up every week or so and letting it idle for about 15 minutes during the same time I start up my boat.) I started it up today, started fine. Drove it the 10 or so feet that it needed to go when I realized the check engine light had stayed on. Any attempt to retrieve failed. (See picture)

I disconnected the battery for about 10 minutes. When I reconnected it, I got error codes (12, 33 -- which are normal) and nothing else. I started and it, again, had no check engine light. I turned it off. Came back to it a few hours later and the check engine light is back on. And, again, any attempt to get the code(s) doesn't work.

Anyone have insight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkhuJq2DZCI

EDIT:: From what I can gather, it's running fine. I don't have any of my tools here to test fuel pressure or anything similar. But everything seems to be working..?

idskot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
idskot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

bump
Unread 02-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
idskot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Night bump?
Unread 02-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #4
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah I see what your getting. Try 3 on off and then on and see if it reads. Just a guess I got an 88 no codes but I did a lot of those checks working at AZ.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.