Can't decide - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Can't decide

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 12-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #1
Dillon84
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Can't decide

I need help, I have been realizing the impracticality of my jeep. Dont get me wrong I love the old girl but during my latest move I was really wanting more cargo room. The way I see it my choices are sell the jeep and get a little truck or is it wise to put a hitch on my auto equipped 4 banger. Please help me decide.

Dillon84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2011, 04:45 PM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Roof rack and hitch!
Unread 12-17-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
Fireman4X4
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have found my rear tire rack set-up very helpful for a small amount of space, but I would really like to build a roof rack.
Colorado Jeep Club Member #252
1994 YJ with lots of fun stuff
2003 KJ Bone stock piece of junk[/COLOR][/CENTER]
Fireman4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
Dillon84
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Would a little 4x6 utility trailer be 2 much for my diminutive drivetrain?
Unread 12-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #5
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You'd be fine with the small trailer. Just make sure the hitch bolts to the frame. Personally, I'd keep the jeep and buy a beater truck.
timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #6
MDCustom
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillon84 View Post
Would a little 4x6 utility trailer be 2 much for my diminutive drivetrain?

Apparently not. Check your tow rating, and GVWR (and of course you have to factor in all passengers, cargo, etc) to find out how big of a trailer you can tow.

I think my specs say that I can tow 2000lbs with my 2.5L

Now you have to ask yourself this.... If I can carry more stuff, how many of my FRIENDS will ask me to help them MOVE!?

I have a 3/4ton P.U. with a 12' long covered cargo trailer that I use for work. Otherwise, I keep them hidden and drive around in the YJ... I've already had to move my fair share of friends and family.

p.s. If you do hook up a trailer- get a trailer isolation relay. It makes wiring easier and doesn't overload your wiring harness.
MDCustom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
Dillon84
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Tthanks alot my freinds, if I get rid of my old girl I'll cry
Unread 12-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #8
giggityjeeper
1990 YJ Wrangler 

how many times do you move???

really?? I moved last year first time in 10 years, yes I bitced every day I had the jeep packed and needed more room, but for the other 9 years and 363 days, took 2 days to move.... I love my jeep....... so sell the jeep for a truck I guess is like trading 2 days of happiness for 9 years and 363 days of unhappiness....

no thanks

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/h...-jeep-1050879/

family roll bar swap/upgrade..

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...grade-1054753/

1990 YJ. SOA, OME 36R 3.5" lift springs, OME 5/8 greasable shackles, OTT high steer, Custom cage, team Rush, Posi, 33 TSL swampers
giggityjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2011, 06:55 PM   #9
jay1335
1996 XJ Cherokee 

There is also this great place called uhaul that lets you use their trucks for a small fee. Hahaha.

I know what you mean about the yj not having a lot of room but for me that's why I have my xj Cherokee. My xj is built more than my yj but I've had the xj longer. I also have no problem keeping up with my brothers 06 rubi in the xj. I love my xj but I love my yj too wouldn't part with either of them!!!!
Unread 12-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #10
Dillon84
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I know it sounds dumb complaining bout this but I also like camping and would like to take a little more gear next time, and for those of you wondering I have moved 6 times in the last 8 years lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.