Can someone tell me what this is? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Can someone tell me what this is?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 02-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
89wranglerryan
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Can someone tell me what this is?

This looks like at some point it had hoses going to it but now it is just sitting on the passenger side fender with 2 wires coming out of it that are green and orange in color.
I just baught the jeep about 3 months ago and am doing some engine compartment cleaning but i would like to know what it is before i get rid of it even though i know it's doing nothing right now.
Thanks

89wranglerryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 08:00 PM   #2
scramblered
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Looks to be part of an A/C system. Dave.
Unread 02-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #3
UnFocused
1989 YJ Wrangler 

At some time in the past your rig had A/C. That's the dryer whose function was to remove water from the system. It's completely worthless now unless you plan on installing A/C, and even then it's probably worthless having been open to the elements for a long time.
UnFocused is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #4
Mean Max
Don't poke the bear

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnFocused
At some time in the past your rig had A/C. That's the dryer whose function was to remove water from the system. It's completely worthless now unless you plan on installing A/C, and even then it's probably worthless having been open to the elements for a long time.
Yup, what he said.

Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimatE View Post
Max has a picture of every Jeep part ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benderff View Post
No one here knows what they are talking about. You should try Pirate 4x4 they will be happy to help you.

There is no situation that cannot be improved with a small but well-placed explosive.
Mean Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
Ef4life
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah the reciever dryer for ac. If you ever want to reinstall ac you would definitely need a new one for warranty purposes.
Ef4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
89wranglerryan
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks everyone. As that looks to be the one and only part of the A/C in my jeep, I will be discarding of the last piece. It's hard to belive some one would remove all but one component of the A/C seems half**s to me but.... seeing I could pull my 12v coil wire apart because the splice wase'nt terminated in any way shape or form i guess it really does'nt suprise me. The things people do sometimes
89wranglerryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.