Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Can a Bikini Top designed for a Family Roll Bar on a Sport Roll Bar?

3K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  Elsahara 
#1 ·
I think the title says it well :D

Just wondering if a bikini top of a 93 will fit our 89. For obvious reasons I am sure its not exactly right but whats the differences, how would I make it work?

Thanks in advance!

#4 ·
My thought is that with the family style the 90* passenger section connects higher on the main roll bar hoop then the sport. So it should work wraping the bar, because the cut out section would lay flat. If the straps went around the 90* arm pointing back, then they could be made to run around the hoop. But Ive never really studied how a bikini top connects. Never had one.

If your wife has good skills with needle and thread anything can work. Test fit it first then see what you need.
She (soon to be wife, whoo hoo! got my ring finally!)just laughed when I told her what you said...:rofl:

#8 ·
Do you have a pic? *hahaha then you posted a pic!!! Seems like it should fit... I would love to run a wind breaker...but my g/fs 9 year old son wouldnt care for it much :rofl:

Here is a picture with the bestop bikini on. See it goes down in back.

wow, my jeep used to look like that?
I see what you mean but if I have the slant bars and its designed for family, then it shouldnt matter, I Might be able to run it the same as yours with the slant, by running the straps down that way anyway...right?

I found great deal on one and a bunch of other stuff. But the bikini is really what I want, so I would be a disappointed if I could some how get it to fit.

#13 ·
Yea, mine would do it also. Shes the greatest...no she isnt over my shoulder when I wrote that. Actually she wouldnt make me do anything if I asked her. :laugh: But she would DEFIANTLY bring it up when I was showing off the new top and how easy it was to make it work and get it installed. :rofl:

#18 ·
:laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl:

:laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl::highfive:

Sure has changed a lot! :thumbsup:

Here's my pic of the original in the same driveway (except the mirrors and lights) .....

Attachments

#19 ·
Mine sure looks different too...

In this pic you can kinda' see the bikini top I bought off eBay for cheap. It's a mesh material and goes back far enough to cover the kiddies in the back seat.

Attachments

#20 ·
I like it, came along way from the white stocker. How hard was the roll bar swap and do you think it was worth it?

Those rubi rims? canyons i think? Looks really good. :thumbsup: How long have you had it?

EDIT: Just noticed the rear seat head rest...how are they mounted? in the pic it looks like its attached to the rollbar?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.