camshaft replacement in 4.0 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > camshaft replacement in 4.0

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 07-01-2007, 10:25 PM   #1
bigrobby
1992 YJ Wrangler 

camshaft replacement in 4.0

92 wrangler yj w/4.0 HO

alright guys at some point soon i'm putting a hotcam in the jeep. i'm getting a crane, one thats less aggresive and is not supposed to cause problems with the computer/fuel injection system. Basically i'm looking for tips, instructions, possible problems with the camshaft swap in the 4.0. i'll be replacing the valve springs as well as the lifters so i guess that means im pullin the head. i of course know to keep track of the cam and distributor position and timing. i do know what im doing in general, i've pulled heads on other cars, but i was wondering if there was anything "special" to the 4.0 i need to know about. or if ya got some instructions and time to write them it sure wont hurt anything. thanks!

bigrobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2007, 06:06 AM   #2
chupacabrah
1993 YJ Wrangler 

this is from the FAQ, but not too detailed:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=14

Build Thread
jeep stuff
chupacabrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2007, 10:42 PM   #3
Big-n-Broke-YJ
BUILT. NOT BOUGHT.

1989 YJ Wrangler 

bump b/c i'd like to know too
'89 Wrangler, 4.0/AW4, 106" Wheelbase, SOA, custom XJ packs, 2" Body. Front High Pinion Dana 44 w/yukon super-joints, chromo inners and outers, and a Lincoln Locker. Rear Dana 60 w/Yukon 1.5" 35 Spline chomo shafts and detroit locker. 5.38 Yukon Gears. Hydro-Assist, 39.5x18" Boggers on 15x12 RockKrawler's w/ 2.75" of backspacing. Comp cut, tube fenders, custom bumpers and rock sliders, fuel cell, CB, Stewart Warner Gauges, SmittyBilt XRC8 Winch, 140 Amp CS-144 Alternator, Electric Fan, and a cooler of beer. 3897 lbs

March 1st, 8pm. WILMINGTON, NC MEET & GREET @ HOOTERS!
Big-n-Broke-YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.