Call Me Crazy, ROAD TRIP!!! - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Call Me Crazy, ROAD TRIP!!!

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #91
Cbaughn
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I just read this thread and WHAT AN AWESOME TRIP!!!!!!!!!! I thought my 700 mile round trip to the beach was going to be long but man you guys did it right! I hope that everything continues to run awesome now that the coil has been replaced and that you guys have a WONDERFUL time! I know the sights must be awesome out there. Cheers!!! -Cory Baughn

Cbaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #92
wellsnmj
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
Hank's wife here. Turned out to be the coil. Got it replaced and they got back on the road around 1030 NM time. Wanted to let y'all know they have arrived in Albuquerque and all is well. Thanks for everything and will continue to keep you posted.
great to hear !!!
My Build http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/mean-jeep-build-1218336/
wellsnmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2011, 06:49 PM   #93
SPORTSMAN4X4
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks to Hank's wife for keeping us informed. I know I speak for many when I say we are following this thread closeley.
SPORTSMAN4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2011, 10:54 PM   #94
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Folks we have made it to Winslow AZ after a late start this morning gettingtye coil replaced. We arrived here right at dark and was not able to see the big crater. Reserved this room for two nights, going to take tomorrow and see some local attractions. Going to see crater in the morning then head north through the painted desert and to the North Rim making a circle back to Winslow. This way we can lea e all of our junk in the room and just enjoy the day. Then on Tuesday we are going to head to the South Rim, Hoover Dam and Vegas. Will prob stay two nights there also and do a similar thing as here. Leave stuff in room and spend a day seeing the sights. Then we head north and catch 70 over to 50 through Utah and Colorado catching Moab and the Royal Gorge.

Jeep has ran great today with new coil. No problems at all. We are keeping a log of miles and gas to see what it takes us to do the trip. Taking a lot of pics but can't upload until I get home. I thought the guy at the repair shop did me right. 150.00 bucks for everything. Tow, repair and ride to hotel. Great bunch of guys. If you are ever stuck in Tucumcqri NM look up Rays Service Shop and ask for Bret. He owns a CJ and the other mechanic had a YJ parked in front of the shop.

More to come tomorrow. Oh Yeah, picked me up a Route 66 magnet for the jeep today while we spent a couple hours in Old Town Albuquerque. Pretty neat place.
3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #95
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

BTW just logged 1022 miles on trip so far. May hit 2500 to 3000 before we are home. Later...
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 06-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #96
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudonthetires43 View Post
i hope everything gets taken care of. now i'm wanting to do this. do you ever make it to the superlift park in hot springs?
No I have never been up there but would love to sometime. When I recoup from this trip I may have to meet you thereand you can show me around. Bret at the repair shop was asking me about that place. I guess the word is out.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 06-12-2011, 11:09 PM   #97
firefighter315
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Great to hear all is well! I think you have quite a few people living vicariously through you and your daughter right now! Have a great time and be safe!!!
Unread 06-12-2011, 11:19 PM   #98
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsharum View Post
Good luck. I live about 10 minutes from Greenwood. I take mine on a 50 mile trip a few times a year and load up extra stuff just for that trip! Have fun.
It is good to have a neighbor on here. PM me your numberand when I get back we can get together some time. I live south of Greenwood on the west side of 71 hey.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 06-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #99
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter315 View Post
Great to hear all is well! I think you have quite a few people living vicariously through you and your daughter right now! Have a great time and be safe!!!
Yeah just like I did when the guy on here drove his to Alaska. I think that is what made me want to do this myself. When you know you have a network of people out there rooting you on and supporting you it helps.

Special Thanks to 95yj-af who was going to pull parts from his jeep and drive an hour to get me going if needed. He is a great asset to the network of good people out here.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 06-12-2011, 11:33 PM   #100
MGDWJ
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Im driving to Vegas Monday afternoon from Amarillo with my girlfriend in our jk. Im really looking forward to trip as well.
Unread 06-13-2011, 01:04 AM   #101
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

Wow! Cool trip Hank! I am leaving next month for Colorado with my 17 yr old daughter as well!

Consider this thread crawled for ideas - I like the one about the camelbaks
Unread 06-13-2011, 05:27 AM   #102
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Glad to see you enjoying the trip with your daughter Hank. The coil went bad? That thing was replaced when we were troubleshooting. Are you giving the daughter any time behind the wheel?
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 08:48 AM   #103
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
Glad to see you enjoying the trip with your daughter Hank. The coil went bad? That thing was replaced when we were troubleshooting. Are you giving the daughter any time behind the wheel?
Que, if you remember right we replaced the coil back then and the new one went bad within two days. Had to drag the thing the last 200 yards into work and I put the old coil back on it then. It has been running with the old coil every since. So I am hoping that it was just it's time and nothing is actually knocking these things out.

No she has not drove yet. She is still learning to negotioate a standard shift. She wants to wait until we get out of the wind and semi's blowing by us all the time. I told her that Kansas was hers, should be flat, straight and a lot less wind...
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 06-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #104
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
Que, if you remember right we replaced the coil back then and the new one went bad within two days. Had to drag the thing the last 200 yards into work and I put the old coil back on it then. It has been running with the old coil every since. So I am hoping that it was just it's time and nothing is actually knocking these things out.

No she has not drove yet. She is still learning to negotioate a standard shift. She wants to wait until we get out of the wind and semi's blowing by us all the time. I told her that Kansas was hers, should be flat, straight and a lot less wind...
Next town you enter, stop at a National chain parts house and pick up a spare coil..... keep receipt, if at end of trip, you don't use it, take it to the chain store in your home town.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #105
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Has your daughter decided on college yet? I remember her being very studious. A good kid...young woman. You raised her well my friend. Glad to hear you 2 are having a good time. It will be a memory she will take with her for the rest of her life. I just want to add in a x2 on the spare coil. It couldnt hurt. Keep us updated.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.