Call Me Crazy, ROAD TRIP!!! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Call Me Crazy, ROAD TRIP!!!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #46
bikerdude
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I always love the 2 lane roads better than the straight 4 lanes. You see more if you can afford the extra time. This may sound funny but I totally like the Pixar movie "Cars" because they point this out and it is so true.

bikerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #47
BlindmeXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Have a great trip and be safe!!!
Unread 06-09-2011, 01:05 PM   #48
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynmaker View Post
Yes JF is on FB
Belt is awesome idea.

Conceal the gun unless your pulled over then take it out before he gets to the jeep and lay it where he can see it. Let him/her know its there. Most cops wont give you any problems. If your jeep will go faster than highway speeds its better than most. lol

Have a blast. And if you need anything, post it up and one of us will help out im sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Some States have very strict requirements for transporting a weapon in a vehilce.. OP, do a little research before your trip so you KNOW the law, not just guessing about what the law of the land is.

Here is a site, there are others.... check them out.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/
I have checked the laws and I do have a CC permit for Arkansas, I think I am going to be good to go. Only state that did not recognize my permit is New Mexico and they have open carry laws there. I think unless I have an incident on a reservation I will be good to go. Thanks guys!!
3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #49
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions, I think I have most of them covered. I have a spare serpentine belt (old one), oil, tarp, first aid kit, 12v chargers, 12v compressor etc.. Still haven't actually stuck all this in the jeep yet but I think I have it in my head how I can make it work. I will be doing that tomorrow evening sometime.

Looking forward to the trip, a little worried, but excited. I have always been a precautions kind of person so this will be an experience for the both of us.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 06-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #50
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

So does Hank get to go? It is his ride after all...

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 01:25 PM   #51
blacksheepjp
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn-91YJ View Post
Can you post the link.
Hey I would love to..... But Im not sure how?????

I am apparently technically challenged...
blacksheepjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 01:26 PM   #52
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
I have checked the laws and I do have a CC permit for Arkansas, I think I am going to be good to go. Only state that did not recognize my permit is New Mexico and they have open carry laws there. I think unless I have an incident on a reservation I will be good to go. Thanks guys!!
Read the rules of the State. You have to follow rules of State you are in, not your State's rules. For example, some States require concealed weapon to remain concealed, other (AZ?) require weapon to be in a hoster. Some States give warnings for carrying a weapon into a posted private business, others want to make a Federal case out of it.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 01:53 PM   #53
1993BlackYJ
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Tim, I have a "luggage" rack that fits in a 2" reciever its about a 2' ish x 4' ish that you can use for the trip if you want. It will hold a large Ice chest and a tub. Call me if you want to use it. I can bring it to town tomorrow and drop it off to you.
1971 CJ5 "Dorothy" 225 Dauntless V6
1993 Black YJ 4.0L, 5 speed, Posi-Loc, 35x12.50 MTZ, 4" Skyjacker lift, Ramsey 8500 Winch, OBA, Front Aussie Locked, 8.8 ARB Rear, 4.10s

[SIZE="3"][B][B]My 93 Build Thread Over 700pics :[/B] [COLOR="Red"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-1st-jeep-build-1993yj-938195/[/url][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"][B][B]My 71 "Dorothy" Build Thread Lots of pics :[/B] [COLOR="Red"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/1971-cj5-dorothy-1122276/[/url][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]

[B][SIZE="3"]My 53 CJ-3B "Ray" Build[/SIZE][/B]:[SIZE="3"][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/1953-cj-b3-ray-1268717/#post12217917[/url][/SIZE]]

[B][I]Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior[/I][/B]
1993BlackYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #54
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1993BlackYJ View Post
Tim, I have a "luggage" rack that fits in a 2" reciever its about a 2' ish x 4' ish that you can use for the trip if you want. It will hold a large Ice chest and a tub. Call me if you want to use it. I can bring it to town tomorrow and drop it off to you.
Man of all the luck, I would have loved to have that but I have never got around to building that tire carrier so I had to take my back bumper off in order to mount my spare tire. Now I don't have a receiver hitch, it went with the bumper. Thanks for the offer, I think I am going to make it like it is though. I have a community project to work on in the morning then I will be back to start loading it up. I guess if I can't hall it all, I can remount my bumper, barrow your luggage rack and find somewhere else for the spare tire.
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 06-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #55
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
So does Hank get to go? It is his ride after all...
I sure wish that he could go, he would have a ball... But unfortunately he is not going to fit with all the other junk. I think after a while on the road in that thing he would be missing his couch and A/C anyway..
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 06-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #56
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
I guess if I can't hall it all, I can remount my bumper, barrow your luggage rack and find somewhere else for the spare tire.
I had to drive back home about 60 miles with a 32X11.50 strapped to the hood. It's doable, but on a trip as long as yours you'd probably get pulled over a few times for that.

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 06:44 PM   #57
ROWA

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sunscreen
Enjoy your trip sounds like a lot of fun.

The best Engineering is no match against natural Stupidity.
ROWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #58
Castr8r
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I did a road trip with my son 30+ years ago and had so much fun that I've done it several times with my Grand-Daughter. I'll go so far as to say you've got a pretty special daughter to do this with you. May God continue to bless you both.

I've done bodywork useing a winch, a tree, a prybar, and a BFH!

Now, my wild oats have turned to prune juice and all-bran...
Castr8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 10:44 PM   #59
jeep108
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like fun, i pm'd my info, if you need anything while crossing okie land give me a shout

Eph 6:13 -Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground,

[QUOTE=Opihi59;14523519]Welcome to the forum.
If you are a mechanical neophyte and have to repetitively intone the mantra of "lefty loosey," are a mouth breather and only own a hammer, it will be more of a challenge. [/QUOTE]
jeep108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2011, 01:06 AM   #60
hrt4me
1991 YJ Wrangler 

looking forward to updates from your adventure
hrt4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.