Call Me Crazy, ROAD TRIP!!! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Call Me Crazy, ROAD TRIP!!!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #16
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
Yeah I didn't mention that we have 2 ice chest of food and drinks (water) and also a couple of cases of bottle water on the side. I plan on keeping that stocked as we stop places on the way.

Shoot we are even going to suspend some fruit from the roll bars to pick at along the way until 1. we eat it all. 2. It falls on us and bounces out the side. or 3. It spoils from all the heat.
Your YJ must be bigger than the typical YJ if you are going to carry all this, PLUS everything a teenage girl will need for such a trip

little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #17
TheNewbie
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I don't know if you have a CamelBak or not. But whenever I go on a road trip, or just off roading. I hang mine around the back of the drivers seat so I can just reach around and grab the hose for a drink without having to unscrew any lids or anything.

My build thread...
I've got a shotgun, a rifle and a four wheel drive...
TheNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 08:33 PM   #18
bikerdude
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksRide View Post
Shoot we are even going to suspend some fruit from the roll bars to pick at along the way until 1. we eat it all. 2. It falls on us and bounces out the side. or 3. It spoils from all the heat.
I was just picturing this and was laughing my a.. off. I am jealous, this trip sounds awesome.
bikerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 08:47 PM   #19
firefighter315
I got a brain sneeze....

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Probably on your "other" packing list, but don't forget a camera with tons of memory! You'll only get this one chance for such a special trip. I can't wait to do this with my daughter and son, and they are only 5 and 2!

Great idea Dad!!!
Unread 06-08-2011, 08:56 PM   #20
SpikesHD
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Heck yea!

I made the trip to Vegas last year with a buddy of mine.... He was on his Goldwing and me on my Harley bagger.

His rear tire split in the desert and we both came minutes from running out of gas at one point (I had to shake my bike from side to side to get gas to the pump)....

Memories like that can't be bought for ANY money. Hit the blacktop and let Mother Nature try her best!!!!

From your neighbor to the North.
SpikesHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #21
jeepyj13
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Have fun out there. Nothing like taking a roadtrip in a jeep esp a wrangler like the yj. Loud engine, windy as hell, uncomfortable after a while but a experience you wont forget. I remember my 1st road trip in my yj denver colorado to greenville mississippi cause thats the roadtrip i made to buy it and had to drive it home. doors off radio blasting. No problems out of jeep but my wallet getting eat alive by getting gas. Over 1000 mile trip
Unread 06-08-2011, 09:48 PM   #22
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_Jeep View Post
Your YJ must be bigger than the typical YJ if you are going to carry all this, PLUS everything a teenage girl will need for such a trip
Well she gets to pack up one wal-mart blue tub and if it don't fit in there it don't go!!! I think she is looking forward to it. I plan on posting some pics tomorrow night of the packing efforts. I don't have a spare tire carrier or a spare tire. I plan on borrowing one from a friend and strapping / locking it on top of the back bumper. I have a wide back bumper and I think it will fit nicely.

If you can't tell this is a spur of the moment trip!! The Best Kind!!
3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2011, 09:49 PM   #23
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter315 View Post
Probably on your "other" packing list, but don't forget a camera with tons of memory! You'll only get this one chance for such a special trip. I can't wait to do this with my daughter and son, and they are only 5 and 2!

Great idea Dad!!!
Thanks for the vote, yeah maybe one of my better ideas at the moment. We will have to ask her after we return and vote again!!
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 06-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #24
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
I don't know if you have a CamelBak or not. But whenever I go on a road trip, or just off roading. I hang mine around the back of the drivers seat so I can just reach around and grab the hose for a drink without having to unscrew any lids or anything.
I have a couple of them actually, that is a great idea!! One for each of us!!
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 06-09-2011, 04:20 AM   #25
mwater

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Don't forget the "Mix tapes" and how bout Facebook ? would be a cool place for updates, would love to make that trip,love the "No schedule " Idea
mwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 04:52 AM   #26
little_Jeep
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds like on sweet trip to me......Enjoy your time with your Daughter. You guys will be making memories that will be talked about to the Grandkids.
little_Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 05:06 AM   #27
95yj-af
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I would recommend one of those jump start battery chargers, possibly one with a tire inflater on it. You never know when you will need a jump and there is no one around.
95yj-af is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 05:44 AM   #28
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwater View Post
Don't forget the "Mix tapes" and how bout Facebook ? would be a cool place for updates, would love to make that trip,love the "No schedule " Idea
Facebook will probably be our main source of updates. We are not taking a laptop and JF might be a little difficult with iphone / blackberry. Does anyone know if JF is on FB yet??
My-95-YJ Build Thread
Unread 06-09-2011, 05:59 AM   #29
jeepers29
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Soounds awesome! Enjoy the time with your daughter. I would reccomend you find a spot for one of those travel first aid kits. Just in case. Cheers, and have fun.
jeepers29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2011, 06:01 AM   #30
Dewster196
1995 YJ Wrangler 

how about a spare serpentine belt.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.