Call Me Crazy, ROAD TRIP!!! - Page 16 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Call Me Crazy, ROAD TRIP!!!

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 01-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #226
BackRoadJPin
1995 Wrangler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome read thanks for sharing.

BackRoadJPin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #227
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I think we need to start a New thread called Epic Road Trips In A YJ! Yours and Michigan Jeepers trip to Alaska should be the top 2. That is an awesome story. Do you let the Jeep ever visit the orginal owner since you fixed her up? LOL
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #228
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8tr View Post
That is really cool, and yes what are the odds. Great trip, makes me want to take one and actually drive the jeep to it.
Yeah I can't wait to do something like this again. I still catch myself talking about it from time to time... I will do something like this again sometime but maybe different location.. It was a blast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackRoadJPin View Post
Awesome read thanks for sharing.
Thanks BackRoadJPin, I am just glad to see that maybe it inspired some dads to do the same thing with their kid..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Que89YJ View Post
I think we need to start a New thread called Epic Road Trips In A YJ! Yours and Michigan Jeepers trip to Alaska should be the top 2. That is an awesome story. Do you let the Jeep ever visit the orginal owner since you fixed her up? LOL
Yeah Que89, that was a long ways from where I was a couple years ago with this Heep, Wasn't it??

Haven't taken her jeep over there lately, she has new boyfriend now so not really traveling out that way anymore.
3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:30 AM   #229
DeLaSoldier
1994 YJ Wrangler 

HANKSRIDE
Thanks for the insight! I started a thread, "Cross Country Trip In My YJ!!!", and someone told me about yours! Reading through yours was a blast, i hope mine will be as entertaining/educational as yours. unfortunately i won't have time to hit all the spots until my way back, which will be in August, gonna be pretty warm....
Thanks again, hope you post on the thread!
Ivan
DeLaSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2012, 12:57 AM   #230
YJSteveD
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome thread! Sounds like a GREAT trip. I'm 18 and I'd like to see more of this country, so I'm thinking about saving up for a trip to North Carolina, maybe further down south. If the gas prices go back down to where they were back in '09 ($2.30) I might go as far down as Florida to visit my buddy who moved there a few months back.
YJSteveD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #231
HanksRide
Web Wheeler

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSoldier View Post
HANKSRIDE
Thanks for the insight! I started a thread, "Cross Country Trip In My YJ!!!", and someone told me about yours! Reading through yours was a blast, i hope mine will be as entertaining/educational as yours. unfortunately i won't have time to hit all the spots until my way back, which will be in August, gonna be pretty warm....
Thanks again, hope you post on the thread!
Ivan
Ivan,

I hope you have at least half as much fun as we had on our trip. It was a blast and I hope to do it again someday except maybe more miles. Everyone thought that would wear me out going that far in the heep but it really wasn't tiring because it was so much fun. Something exciting and new for us around every turn. Everytime this thread pops back up I start thinking about my next trip. I hope I can make one this summer.

Good luck on yours and most of all, have fun.
3500 Mile Road Trip With Daughter
Daughters 04 TJ Build Thread
My-95-YJ Build Thread
HanksRide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.