caliper replacment - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > caliper replacment

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
GHendo
1991 YJ Wrangler 

caliper replacment

I went to replace my rotors calipers and pads today on my 90 wrangler and I got my driver side all torn apart. I took the caliper off pulled the old rotor off, and then I disconnected the brake line by loosening the banjo bolt. I then went to hook the line up to the new caliper and noticed that when I lined up the flat of the bottom of the brake line to the flat of the caliper that the brake line didnt apper to be in the same position as when I took it off. So I looked at the passenger side and it appears to have a different line setup. I did notice that when I removed the banjo bolt there were three copper washers on it. The only thing I can think of is that the previous owner must have cobbled it together. Should I just get the correct line or would it work to just get three new copper washers to build it up enough so I dont have to line the flats up?

GHendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

get correct lines. brakes are not the place to cut corners
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #3
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

It actually require one copper crush washer on each side of the banjo fitting. You can get new ones at any parts house. That may be all that is wrong.

As mentioned above it could be time for some new brake hoses.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.