Calibrating speedo??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Calibrating speedo???

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-23-2001, 09:50 AM   #1
powjunkie

Calibrating speedo???

Anyone know if there's a way to calibrate the speedo when running oversized tires?

Unread 10-23-2001, 01:24 PM   #2
JeepTodd

I have not looked into this yet but I read in a magazine that this web site should help you out. www.speedometershop.com

According to the magazine article you should also be able to go to your local dealer and they might be able to help you out.
Unread 10-23-2001, 02:20 PM   #3
powjunkie

In their FAQ section, they answered my question. It looks like it's not a simple tweak of a screw like I had hoped. You have to change the drive gear in the transmission. It's something I've lived with for 6 years now anyway, so no biggie. I recently did a gear swap and it changed again, so that's why I asked.
Unread 10-23-2001, 04:02 PM   #4
RodeoRob

Quote:
Originally posted by powjunkie:
It looks like it's not a simple tweak of a screw like I had hoped.
It really isn't that hard. while you can't just 'turn a screw', all you have to do is purchase the new speedo gear, crawl under your Jeep, take the old one out and the new one in. The speedo gear is located on the output shaft of the transfer case, its pretty easy to get to.
-Rob
1995.5 Isuzu Rodeo - SAS'd and SOA'd, sitting on 36x12.50 TSLs, D44 front, 14bff rear, locked by OX and Detriot, suspensions by Jeep and Chevy, high steer conversion, 5.13 gearing and Teralow in the case.
robgorrell@yahoo.com - website
RodeoRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2001, 09:40 AM   #5
powjunkie

Thanks for the info guys. I found this website that pretty much explains everything. http://www.gotjeep.net/speedo.html No more excuses when getting pulled over by the man....then again it's never worked anyway.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.