Cali Jeepers. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Cali Jeepers.

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
Jarred2
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Cali Jeepers.

New to southern cali and i know nobody out here and would like to meet some fellow jeepers to go riding with.

She lets me ride her whenever i want. I buy her shiny things all the time. Give her a kiss and hug every morning and night. Think about her all day and dream about her at night. We have the perfect relationship. Me and my jeep that is.

The way I see it, a Jeep is like sex-when it's good it's terrific, and when it's bad it's still pretty good!

Semper Fidelis
Jarred2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #2
LaughingStock
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Unfortunately, I'm 3 years gone from that area and have since relocated to the northern half of the state. That being said, follow this link http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f262/ and it will take you to the San Diego page of the Jeep Forum website. It should help you connect with others in the area.
I'm going to assume for a moment you recently got stationed at Camp Pendleton. I spent enough time there to find some fun trails. I'm sure someone in your unit will know some of the good spots. The best part is they are hardly ever in use on the weekends unless there is scheduled training so you have the area all to yourself. You just have to remember to respect the area like your job depends on it...because it does . Basically don't do anything stupid and don't wander onto any firing ranges and you'll be fine. I hope you enjoy your time there.

Semper Fi
LaughingStock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
Jarred2
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm actually at MCAS Miramar. Thanks for the link though. I was able to find some powerline trail yesterday when i got lost roaming the streets, but i just have no clue where to go out here.
She lets me ride her whenever i want. I buy her shiny things all the time. Give her a kiss and hug every morning and night. Think about her all day and dream about her at night. We have the perfect relationship. Me and my jeep that is.

The way I see it, a Jeep is like sex-when it's good it's terrific, and when it's bad it's still pretty good!

Semper Fidelis
Unread 09-04-2011, 03:22 PM   #4
LaughingStock
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Unless you already have it, or they don't offer it on Miramar for some reason, try to get in on the next class for a HMMWV operators license. Someone in the motor pool or in your chain of command will probably know about it. Part of the certification is a certain number of hours of off-road driving. Unless they farm it out to another location, its an easy way to find some trails on base, and you get to pad your resume a bit.
LaughingStock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
Jarred2
1995 YJ Wrangler 

i've actually already asked about getting the license and from what i have been told about it, we dont get to take it off road. it sounds like a stupid test where both hands always have to be on the wheel and you have to turn a certain way and stuff like that. and ive already been told not to be caught off roading on base....so thats a negative.

Semper Fidelis
Unread 09-04-2011, 04:26 PM   #6
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Once you get your HMMWV license, you are automatically in the pool to be voluntold to drive somewhere you didn't want to go in the first place.
Unread 09-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #7
Jarred2
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
Once you get your HMMWV license, you are automatically in the pool to be voluntold to drive somewhere you didn't want to go in the first place.
^Basically.

Semper Fidelis
Unread 09-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #8
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarred2 View Post
I'm actually at MCAS Miramar.
I lived, worked and owned (yes, owned) my house on base at Miramar for ~7 years. This was before the Marines took the base over and bought my house from me. I worked in the Ground Electronics Maintenance Division while I was stationed there.

I'm ~20 minutes away from MCAS now, but ocassionally go there to shop & brows.

I'll be playing in the garage tonight & tomorrow if you wanna swing by. If you need to tinker on your Jeep, bring it on over. If this sounds like something you'd like to do, PM me a number & I'll give you a ring.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #9
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Well, to keep this tech related I'll pass along some tech stuff to Jarred in a few minutes since he's gunna swing on by.

Perhaps we'll remove those old tracbars while he's here that he mentioned in his sig (Future Mods).
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2011, 09:53 PM   #10
92 Green YJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

You should head on over to the regional forums, California. Us San Diegans have our own sub forum over there.
Rubicon Express 4" Lift Kit, 2" Body Lift,15x8" AR 767s, 35x12.50 Xterrains, Home Made Snorkel, Sanden OBA, Home made rocker gaurds. 8.8 Rear with Discs, 4.10s F&R, ARB rear, Detroit EZ Locker front, WarnM8000 with Viking Synthetic Line, Beadlocks, Tons of Mods
My RigRater Score: 682RRv1.0 with a BOA of 13.47
I'm now doing custom bumpers and lift installs in So-cal
92 Green YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.