CA fuel filler issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > CA fuel filler issue

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 12-15-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
j24X
1993 YJ Wrangler 

CA fuel filler issue

Help: Does anyone know of a conversion kit to allow the use of new CA approved gasoline filler nozzles? I was told by the station operator to hold the rubber back to fill, high risk of spill or face full. Looking for a side mount filler port?

thanks

j24X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #2
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

What you talking about Willis?

I moved the stock filler to the side and plenty of others have done the same or used a TJ filler with no issues. I usually have to hold the nozzle up so it does not shut off, but that seems true with all my vehicles now.

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011, 05:05 PM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Hold the nozzle up! It's a yj, even gassing up is frustrating.
Unread 12-16-2011, 11:31 AM   #4
timatoe
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You can hold the rubber piece back, you can lift up on the nozzle, you can move the filler to the side, etc. Those rubber boots have been on the pumps for at least ten years so not sure where you've been on that. I moved mine and used the TJ bezel and YJ filler, then later swapped in the TJ filler.

timatoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
j24X
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks to all, I got my answers and know the direction to proceed.
Keep up the good work
j24X is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.