C. Stop Lamp possesed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > C. Stop Lamp possesed

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 08-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
WanderinMan
1995 YJ Wrangler 

C. Stop Lamp possesed

Hello all, first posting, new member.
My center high mount stop lamp on a '95 YJ is giving me trouble. With the lights off, it operates as normal with the brakes, but it also mimics the right blinker when on.
With the lights on, the center stop lamp is constant on, turns off when I hit the brakes, and also mimics the right blinker. I'm at a loss as to where to proceed from checking the wires and the bulbs themselves, and unfortunately the Haynes manual has been no help. I've not performed any modifications to the vehicle, however it was in a minor accident a year ago. I'm not sure as to the status of the lights after the accident, as when I test the lights out using the garage floor as a reflection, everything looked normal. Before I take it back to the auto body shop, I was hoping to try everything I could. Thanks to all!

WanderinMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

check all the grounds... tail lamps ground through the body mount studs

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2012, 11:44 PM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Clean up the tailgate contacts or do as I did, yank the stupid thing off!
Unread 08-20-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
WanderinMan
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Will check both! Thank you!
WanderinMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.