Buying New Shocks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Buying New Shocks

Huge Soft top SaleUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-31-2011, 05:00 AM   #1
DanielShearer
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Buying New Shocks

So I'm buying new shocks cause I recently blew all 4 of mine out. I'll be buying them through Quadratec. Posting this because I just have a few questions.
-any specifications I need to pay attention to/find out??
-if you have bought shocks from the website or other websites any suggestions?
-special tools needed and about how long would it take to install
-differences between the front shocks and rear shocks.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Cheers, Dan.

DanielShearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 03:10 PM   #2
DanielShearer
1991 YJ Wrangler 

bump
DanielShearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
Smitty1

shock install

Length of shock is important. If you are buying from Quadratec the salesman on the fone should be very helpful in getting you the right part numbers ordered after you decide which brand shock you want.
Lots of PB Blaster and heat will make the job a breeze. Be sure to torque them down to spec.
Smitty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #4
cplayer5
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Make sure to let them know if you run any lift, I just replaced mine with the Rough Country 8000's. Got all 4 plus the steering stabalizer for $140.00 shipped, they ride great. Install was a breeze, took maybe an hour. I had to reuse the sleeves in the rear shocks because the ones that came with the shocks were too small; front shocks had 2 different size sleeves. Now the steering stabalizer.... wasnt as quick and easy, but a little heat will do the trick.
cplayer5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice , quadratec , question , shocks , tools

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.