Busted? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Busted?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 06-02-2002, 12:02 AM   #1
KYgreenYJ
2012 JK Wrangler 

Busted?

has ne1 ever been busted for driveing w/o miorrors, tires that go past the fenders, or poping over the occasional curb or two thats in the way??

Old Jeep, SOLD:
94 Green YJ SE 4.0L 5spd
3.5" BDS lift, 1"MML/BL, Revolvers, SYE/CV, no track bars or sway bars, MORE sport cage
Green Jeep Club Member #20
KYgreenYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2002, 01:02 AM   #2
Quan

I ran my last YJ for months without windows and wide tires... ran over many... many.. many curbs and never got pulled over once. But there is always that chance.... i just suggest you do a quick look before you jump the curb.

[b][COLOR=green]Green[/color] Jeep Club Member #15[/b]
[b]My Jeep Made Me Broke Club Member #2[/b]

93 YJ I-6 w/ stuff

Keep the [COLOR=blue]greasy[/color] side down
[URL=http://members.cox.net/quanno/ford88.html]FORD 8.8 INFO HERE![/URL]
Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2002, 10:34 AM   #3
hog

I got pulled over last year, got a hella of a lecture for driving with my foot out (no doors) but got nailed for no mirrors.
hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2002, 02:19 PM   #4
Quan

Around here (tulsa, ok) i dont think there is a law against having your foot out.. if there is then there shouldnt be... I get away with no mirrors but i like to put them on just so i can see better.. I suggest steel horse mirrors that screw into the door hinges. I cant really cruise with my foot out cuz i drive a standard but i do on the highway sometimes! i hate automatic jeeps!! (unless its got hella power)

[b][COLOR=green]Green[/color] Jeep Club Member #15[/b]
[b]My Jeep Made Me Broke Club Member #2[/b]

93 YJ I-6 w/ stuff

Keep the [COLOR=blue]greasy[/color] side down
[URL=http://members.cox.net/quanno/ford88.html]FORD 8.8 INFO HERE![/URL]
Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2002, 02:19 PM   #5
BuMpYJ

ive had 2 YJs within the past year...both had tires that stick out the wheelwells a good 6 inches, cops follow me all the time and dont do anything, i drive with the doors off occasionally and get a few looks but nothing more.

[URL=www.misfitoffroad.com]Misfit Offroad[/URL]
BuMpYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2002, 12:15 PM   #6
NHgrizzly

Here in my area of NH, they are sticklers for things like this.
NH law requires at least 2 mirrors – So, I mounted my mirrors to the windshield frames.
Eye protection – If I ever fold the windshield down I will have to wear eye protection.
I have passed several cops with my foot on the door sill and haven’t been “warned”, I even was sitting next to one at a light. He just looked.. Obviously he was envious of me being out in the SUN with just a pair of shorts and sneakers on!
I have been asked to turn down my radio, but that was mainly do to the vulgar language.. What can I say, It was a good day to listen to some ICP.
01 Kawi Prairie 300 4x4
99 Polaris 600 XLT Sled
I do it because it makes me feel DIRTY!!!
<a href="http://photos.yahoo.com/nhgrizzly" target="_blank">http://photos.yahoo.com/nhgrizzly</a>
NHgrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2002, 10:42 AM   #7
toProFile

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by NHgrizzly:
<strong>I have been asked to turn down my radio, but that was mainly do to the vulgar language.. What can I say, It was a good day to listen to some ICP.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have a personal mp3 player with headphones I use a lot. I know it's technically illegal to wear headphones while driving here in FL, but cops see me all the time and never say anything - till just a few weeks ago.
A rather large jelly doughnut of a policeman stopped me and went through all my paperwork, checked the jeep out rather completely, and generally abused me about wearing the headphones.

So I pulls the headphone jack outta the mp3 player, plug the player into that cassette thinggie in the stero, and blast it VERY LOUD as I drive away slowly. (cop was laughing and shaking his head as I drove away)
toProFile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2002, 10:59 AM   #8
MusicMaverick
2010 JK Wrangler 

I got lectured about the foot thing too tellin me how someone could take it right off. I was like, "well how do you explain motorcycles then?!" He just wanted to harrass me, never said a word about anything else tho.

Past vehicles:
1992 YJ
1997 TJ
MusicMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.