Bushing Question - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 02-09-2014, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
kylebeau
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Bushing Question

I am planning on buying some Old Man Emu leaf springs but wasn't sure which bushings to use. Should I go with these http://www.quadratec.com/products/16090_700.htm or with these http://www.quadratec.com/products/16090_701.htm Or is there a better alternative? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-09-2014, 06:03 PM
rambo3489
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Honestly a bushing is a bushing in my eyes. The will all act the same once you start twisting and torquing them. I say go get a kit for exactly what you need. Either all 4 leaf spring bushings or front/rear. Whichever suits your needs. I say this because with the YJ spring one bolt is 1/2 and the other 9/16. I believe? If your not sure what your doing you might mess this up. I have a time or two. As far as grease-able I say it's not really worth it. Unless you live in the salt belt and wont touch them for 10 years.

89 YJ.. My first jeep and I won't let it go. ▀||||▀

Current Project: None... I disgust myself.

<a href="
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
THE YJ MY WAY</a>
post #3 of 5 Old 02-10-2014, 01:17 AM
jsipe007
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Make sure the bushings you get fit your springs. Not all are the same size. Tbh, I would go with the cheapest poly bushings for your springs. My pro comp bushings held up great and flexed great. Really cheap too.

post #4 of 5 Old 02-10-2014, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
kylebeau
1995 YJ Wrangler 

So even though the greasable are less i shouldn't go with them. The other ones are worth it?
post #5 of 5 Old 02-10-2014, 03:28 PM
bpounds
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

It's a mystery to me why the greaseable are less expensive than the non-greaseable. But unless I had some reliable dimensions to work with, I would not try to use some other brand bushings than what matches the springs. Best get the ones that match your application, either with grease or without. If you're not going with their greaseable bolts and sleeves, you better pay the extra for the non-grease bushings. Odd as that seems to me.

Bill
Dodge did not build my Jeep.
1988 Wrangler,4.2L I-6, Howell EFI JP-1,CRT HEI Ign,AX15 ext slave conversion, Zone 2.5" lift + 1/2" booms, BFG 31 x 10.5, Bestop.

Tags
bushing , lift , old man emu , question , YJ

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.