which bushing do i need? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > which bushing do i need?

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 05-04-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
iwishihad1

which bushing do i need?

hey everybody

Im about to help a friend repair some frame rot in the rear of his YJ. instead of going through the fuss of trying to salvage the old frame bushing during the cutting process we are just going to order new ones before we start.

So what im looking for are a replacement for the bushing that INSIDE the frame..not the leaf spring bushing.

so is it this?
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web..._980582305____

or this?
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web..._980580107____

thanks

[CENTER]1995 fire red XJ, new 4.0, ARB safari snorkel, sye, front DS, aussie locked 8.8 5:13s 38 SXs, trussed/locked 44 front, hydro assist, DOM steering/COLOR]
YJ. 91 body, body off resto, crate chevy 350, 700r tranny, 2 inch springs, SOA, ford 9 rear, dana 44 front, both detroits, cage, 4:88s, and 36X14.50s. strictly street queen
iwishihad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
Gobi_Gred
1987 YJ Wrangler 

The second one. The first link is for the spring eye. You need one of those for both sides of the framerail. Make sure you dont damage the metal sleeve inside there while removing it. They arent that easy to get out. Put some grease on them when you install them.
Gobi_Gred is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.