bumperettes. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > bumperettes.

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 03-12-2014, 07:14 PM   #16
njyj609
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I've got the originals from my 89 you can have for free, but again , shipping from n.j.? That's on your dime if you want them.

njyj609 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2014, 09:48 PM   #17
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I have a set you could have for free too. mostly because I don't' know what the appeal is for them. i'll be pulling them off so I can build a rear bumper for tow points
13' GMC Sierra ~ 2.5" lift 33" MTs.
RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2014, 09:55 PM   #18
whiskeywiz
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ5_Fan View Post
As a historical tid-bit, bumperettes were on jeeps originally to stop jack-knifing of trailers by acting as a turn-radius stop that would 'give' if encountered........
My old man tried telling me they were there to hold a gas can. I wouldn't buy it.
whiskeywiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2014, 10:34 PM   #19
ThreeToe
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Hey guys thanks for the help I have two options here in BC, I'm hoping one will pan out. The shipping would be much cheaper since I'm in BC.
Thanks again, I'll let you know if these options don't pan out.
ThreeToe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2014, 11:37 PM   #20
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeToe View Post
Hey guys I was just rearel ended today I'm trying to give the guy a break, he's on disability and I don't wanna screw his insurance. His car was pretty much totaled but the bumperettes took the blast for me.

I was wondering if any one has any bumperettes kicking around they would be willing to part with. Online they are all ranging from 60-100 bones.

Gotta love the YJ just takes a beating and keeps on ticking.
ThreeToe, first off, welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great folks here and a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips. Stick around and you will see.
I will offer a public apology for not directing a response directly at your issue, instead I responded to a comment that struck me funny at a time that I really needed some comic relief. I hope that you do stick around and become as avid a participant in the hobby that so many of us enjoy as I am. I wish you the best of luck in your search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolRodz View Post

I had the rear Xmember replaced, and upgraded to OEM chromes that were still Avail at the stealership way back when.

I've gone aftermarket on the bow, but I love my OEM chrome bumperettes, and can't bear to give up the stern to some rear "I wanna be a Jeep too" bumper.

PS, Glad the moderator is willing to willing to censor beavis and butthead! from the rest of our efforts to be of some service to each other!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
I will say that this has to be the first time I've read that someone upgraded to chrome bumperettes. To each his own.
If I had a set of bumperettes to offer I would give them to him for free. THAT is who I am. Interesting tho that you are willing to call all out Jeepers that don't see things your way while you are name calling. Those of us that are truly upgrading our rear bumpers either for the sake of safety or vanity don't need to be tagged with 'I wanna be a Jeep too'. Everyone including you, Sir, is entitled to do whatever he or she wants with their ride. Enough said.
YJOTM JULY 2014
DirtKar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-14-2014, 12:34 AM   #21
ThreeToe
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKar View Post
ThreeToe, first off, welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great folks here and a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips. Stick around and you will see.
I will offer a public apology for not directing a response directly at your issue, instead I responded to a comment that struck me funny at a time that I really needed some comic relief. I hope that you do stick around and become as avid a participant in the hobby that so many of us enjoy as I am. I wish you the best of luck in your search.
No worries brother I was just upset that some jerk hurt my new baby.

I'm loving the forum, been trying to read as much as I can and just learn. Lots of good tips and writeups. I appreciate the community of jeepers being so willing to help.

I have found a jeeper about 2 hours away from me with front and rear bumpers and that should hold me over until I can afford some after market stuff. Plus the city it's in has the only taco bell on Vancouver Island so two birds with one stone!
Unread 03-14-2014, 07:04 AM   #22
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Good, glad you found something.
Taco Bell, huh? It's funny how we take things for granted. There's one 6-7 minutes in any direction down here. Fortunately each one has a bathroom as well... See if they will make you an enchirito. Yes, I'm that old.
YJOTM JULY 2014
Unread 03-15-2014, 08:55 PM   #23
lordryan93gt
1989 YJ Wrangler 

If the local find don't fall through, then pm me, i have some oem from my 89 yj. also for free but your dime on shipping.. good luck.
lordryan93gt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2014, 09:07 PM   #24
panaceabeachbum
Web Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtKar View Post
Good, glad you found something.
Taco Bell, huh? It's funny how we take things for granted. There's one 6-7 minutes in any direction down here. Fortunately each one has a bathroom as well... See if they will make you an enchirito. Yes, I'm that old.
thats funny and true.

Same here if the bumperettes fall thru , I have a set you can have for the cost of shipping.
panaceabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-16-2014, 06:39 PM   #25
ThreeToe
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Picked up a front bumper and bumperettes today. A friendly BC Jeep Club member have them to me for free. Got the front on today and going to do the bumperettes tomorrow. Didn't realize I would have to drop the gas tank skid plate to get Em off.
Unread 03-16-2014, 09:52 PM   #26
DirtKar
I pledge allegiance.

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Excellent!
So is now a good time to start listing reasons for you to change to a real bumper?

Just kidding! Glad you found what you were after.
YJOTM JULY 2014
Unread 03-17-2014, 11:01 AM   #27
ThreeToe
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Yeah. This gives me some time to get the cash together for new bumpers but I also need a lift. I'm only going for a 2 or 2.5 inch lift I think. Stay with some standard A/T Tires for now, and go for a 1 or 1.5 body lift when I want to swap in 30 or 31s.

The front bumper I did receive was stock but it has been cut down to a stubby. On top it is about 1.5 inches past the mounting bolt and has a 45 degree and down so the bottom is in line with the bottom bolt. My tires are exposed on the front for better approach angles.

Would you guys recommend doing bumpers or lift first. I'm thinking I'll do the lift, rear bumper with tire carrier, Front bumper then body lift and 30s.

My budget it tight right now just starting to plan out what I want and what order to do it in.
Unread 03-17-2014, 05:42 PM   #28
whiskeywiz
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Lift.
More bang for the buck.
whiskeywiz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.