Bumper height!? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bumper height!?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 01-22-2002, 06:43 PM   #1
Trucidus Sum

Bumper height!?

does anyone know the legal bumper height for New Hampshire? I see huge jeeps and trucks... but someone told me the the limit is 20" for your bumper... how do they get away with it? How high can I go?

Trucidus Sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2002, 04:34 PM   #2
Trucidus Sum

Anyone???
Trucidus Sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2002, 05:56 PM   #3
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Here in my hometown the legalaleeze states "ground to center of head lights". I know guys who moved their headlights to their bumper inorder to stay "legal".

I cannot help you with NewHampshire laws. Best thing to do is visit your local police station or lawyer if someone here does not know off the top of their heads.
  • Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver
  • a Kawasaki KLR650 DualSport bike

NaeKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2002, 12:26 PM   #4
JeeperJay

I think 20" is the legal requirement for most states. I know in vehicle design the bottom edge of the bumper can't be any higher than 20" or it will fail federal low speed crash testing.
Unread 01-24-2002, 09:31 PM   #5
ShamRock Crawler

I do know that Maryland bumper height max is 28 inches from the ground to the bottom of the bumper.

To get the most accurate information, I would suggest that you call any local NH Inspection Station or call your local NH State Police barracks and I'm sure they will be more than happy to give you the information. Or you could always go to your local library and look in the NH Traffic Law book. HTH

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.