Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Bump stops for 35s and +-6" lift

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  93jeepyj 
#1 ·
I Just put a set of 35s on my jeep after a pretty nice new paint job. Ive got about 6" of lift all together and I still have decent clearance but even with 33s I was putting my tires into the rear quarters at full flex. I did care before but now that ive got fresh body work and nice paint for the first time in forever id kinda like to keep it that way for a while. I did some searching but I find tons of coild spring xj/tj/jk type extended bump stops and just stock replacements for yjs. most of the stock bumpstops rotted off or fell off so when I first lifted it I unbolted the few that were left and trashed them so Im looking for full replacements, I might get away without them up front but I need them in the rear no question before this thing leaves pavement again. Any Ideas on where to find these or what size to use or even what size they come in so I can get out there with a tape measure to see what I would need would be awesome.

#3 ·
Thanks I just took a look at those and there only 1" longer then stock. I probably should of kept those steel extenders that came with my first RC lift that never got used.

edit: I just went out and measured and ive got about 12" between the bottom of the frame where the bump stop mounts and the top of the axle tube. Looks like I would need the metal pieces as well as the extended bumps stops.

What about the shock bump stops? A friend mentioned trying those but im not so sure this is really the correct application for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.