Installment #4 continued:
Next came the pressure plate. I applied red locking compound, hand tightened each bolt and centered the plate the best I could.
I then torqued the plate bolts to spec. 40-45lb/ft with my cheap flex beam wrench.
Back to the tranny/x-fer case - I put a new output yoke seal in the x-fer case and for good measure I applied some RTV. I then torqued the output yoke nut to spec. (170lb/ft) with an old tire iron wedged between the yoke and the floor to hold everything from spinning:
Then I took a break from that and decided to bleed the clutch slave/master and install the new lines. I had to remove the support rod from it's mount in order to get the master cap off.
I installed the 40" and 12" extension braided stainless line at the master: (EDIT You will see that the 90° elbow is on the master side in this photo. This turned out to be wrong, and I reversed the line to mount the elbow at the slave (clearance issue)
...and bled the slave by removing the plastic straps holding the slave piston in, filling the slave with fresh fluid, pumping the master while keeping it topped, installing the line at the slave once there was fluid in the line, and (holding the slave low to the ground and vertical) pumping the slave over and over and......until there were no more
air bubbles reaching the master.
Then it was time to go under...In order
to slide the tranny under I had to remove the shift tower.
I had to give in and impact-wrench the exhaust off to get the tranny up and on.
And that's where it's at....I am having some trouble guiding her home.
So I went out and bought a trans jack adapter for my floor jack.