BUILD SHEET -An Illustrated Guide on How to Get Your Jeeps Factory Specs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > BUILD SHEET -An Illustrated Guide on How to Get Your Jeeps Factory Specs

Zone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSave on Warn Winches and TENOFF Promotion!

Unread 02-17-2015, 04:56 PM   #1
Luuca
TYPICAL /F12 HOOLIGAN

2005 LJ Wrangler 

BUILD SHEET -An Illustrated Guide on How to Get Your Jeeps Factory Specs

A tool I like to use to give me a definative answer about what, exactly, a jeep I'm buying (or have bought) has (or had) as standard equipment is the Chrysler Equipment Listing Online service. If you are new, and would like the facts about your jeep to help fill in your profile, this a great way to start.

By going to Jeep the jeep website and clicking Contact us, or following this link: http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/j...527R%2527%2529

You will see a section on the left side marked "Equipment Listing" (in the red circle below)

Clicking the Equipment listing will bring up an area in which you enter the 17 digit VIN number of your Jeep (the red box in the image below).

Please Note: The website states "Vehicles built before 1998 are not eligable for this service" That's not correct. I have entered in 1990 Jeep VINs and recieved a build sheet.

Once you have carefully entered in your VIN number, click the orange Search button. A new Tab will open in your web browser and your build sheet will appear in this new tab as a PDF.

Simply mouse over the lower right hand corner of the PDF and click on the SAVE icon to save it to your computer.

If your build sheet does not come up with the online search, you can always email Chrysler support using the link at the bottom of the page and request a copy of your build sheet. Be sure and supply them with your year, model, and VIN in the body of your email.

Hope this helps those, like me, who like to know what we are dealing with on new-to-me Jeeps.

EDIT: Also Note the RECALL INFORMATION link on that page - can't hurt to run your VIN through that just in case!

/f12 MOAB 2015
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2015, 05:07 PM   #2
Jeoy
1990 YJ Wrangler 

great writeup for those who never knew about it, or were confused about it, good job
Jeoy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2015, 08:52 PM   #3
langwilliams
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I just did this for my 95 an found out I have 3.07's aqua pearl paint
langwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2015, 08:56 PM   #4
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

I always liked Tim's writeups that save so much heartache. I must have three of them bookmarked to point people in the right direction.

<- that's tea!! Cheers!!
Unread 02-17-2015, 09:18 PM   #5
mike134
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by langwilliams View Post
I just did this for my 95 an found out I have 3.07's aqua pearl paint
hah, I think it said I also have 3.07. Certainly don't have those anymore...
mike134 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2015, 09:29 PM   #6
langwilliams
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have the 4.0 auto combo an read most had 3.54's but guess not mine. Guess that explains why I get good mileage on the highway. Seems to turn my 31's fine though.
langwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2015, 10:05 PM   #7
mike134
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by langwilliams View Post
I have the 4.0 auto combo an read most had 3.54's but guess not mine. Guess that explains why I get good mileage on the highway. Seems to turn my 31's fine though.

Not to Hijack the thread, but I see you're from Lorain! I'm in Little Italy on the other side of Cleveland. We're no wheeling access neighbors!
mike134 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2015, 12:30 PM   #8
relso1
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Just pulled mine for my 92 yj... Under options it has 15x7 steel wheels...but also 265/60r18 all terrain tires? And power rack and pinion steering??
relso1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2015, 12:35 PM   #9
Bigverv
1995 YJ Wrangler 

They must have had a hell of a time driving mine off the assembly line, my sheet says 15x7.0 steel wheels, but then says P265/60R-18 tires!! Thats about 3" of problem. Thanks for the post, though. I have been wanting to get this information.
Bigverv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2015, 12:36 PM   #10
Bigverv
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry for double tapping you Relso. Looks like we had the same thought at the same time.
Bigverv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2015, 12:36 PM   #11
Luuca
TYPICAL /F12 HOOLIGAN

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by relso1 View Post
Just pulled mine for my 92 yj... Under options it has 15x7 steel wheels...but also 265/60r18 all terrain tires? And power rack and pinion steering??
I never said they were perfect! HAHAH! So BROTASTIC!! 18" low-pro tires!

/f12 MOAB 2015
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2015, 08:31 PM   #12
paulsadog
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
A tool I like to use to give me a definative answer about what, exactly, a jeep I'm buying (or have bought) has (or had) as standard equipment is the Chrysler Equipment Listing Online service. If you are new, and would like the facts about your jeep to help fill in your profile, this a great way to start.

By going to Jeep the jeep website and clicking Contact us, or following this link: http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/j...527R%2527%2529

You will see a section on the left side marked "Equipment Listing" (in the red circle below)

Clicking the Equipment listing will bring up an area in which you enter the 17 digit VIN number of your Jeep (the red box in the image below).

Please Note: The website states "Vehicles built before 1998 are not eligable for this service" That's not correct. I have entered in 1990 Jeep VINs and recieved a build sheet.

Once you have carefully entered in your VIN number, click the orange Search button. A new Tab will open in your web browser and your build sheet will appear in this new tab as a PDF.

Simply mouse over the lower right hand corner of the PDF and click on the SAVE icon to save it to your computer.

If your build sheet does not come up with the online search, you can always email Chrysler support using the link at the bottom of the page and request a copy of your build sheet. Be sure and supply them with your year, model, and VIN in the body of your email.

Hope this helps those, like me, who like to know what we are dealing with on new-to-me Jeeps.

EDIT: Also Note the RECALL INFORMATION link on that page - can't hurt to run your VIN through that just in case!
Thanks for the info. I don't know what the original owner paid for it but he got the "extra 9 gallons of gas" according to the info from Chrysler and I never knew they had a 75 amp alternator.
paulsadog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2015, 07:21 AM   #13
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks, It worked for my 90 too.
I got 9 free gallons of gas too, I wonder where they put it
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2015, 07:36 AM   #14
dwbarg
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I tried it for my 1987 and it would not work. Darn it!
dwbarg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2015, 07:41 AM   #15
216yj

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike134 View Post

Not to Hijack the thread, but I see you're from Lorain! I'm in Little Italy on the other side of Cleveland. We're no wheeling access neighbors!
Hey hey I'm in Detroit shoreway area.
Wheeling here is the treelawn.
216yj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.