Budget Junkyard Upgrades. - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Budget Junkyard Upgrades.

TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #106
flashy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102joe View Post
So time for me to chime in . I would like to do this is there more info on it ?
Here is a detailed write up and he includes schematics and pin locators....

http://www.moab4x4outpost.com/F_buil...j_trans01.html

94 YJ slightly modified

00 WJ stock
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 11:19 PM   #107
Hghgrad
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Probably the best wiring link I've found so far. There's different pin outs depending on the year yj. I pulled all 96 stuff from the xj, but everything 91-96 on the xj should be the same.

http://tork4x4.lefora.com/2012/05/14...yj-swap/page2/
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #108
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Netting

I am going to the Jeep Jamboree in Big Bear with my daughter. # days of camping and wheeling. I took out the rear seat to make room to load up all our gear and my brother-in-law shows up to ask to borrow my skill saw.

I went to look for it and realized I had one of those stretchy webbed cargo net things from my wife's old 2000 Ford Windstar. It used to hook into the back area to keep cargo from rolling around.

Turns out, its a perfect fit between the roll cage arms behind the front seat. A few zip ties later, and I have a cargo net divider.

If you can find one in the pick a part etc. not a bad use for it.

91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35, Rock sliders, Monsta Daughter&Dad Project Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 Rock-Trac D44/44 lockers, 4" Currie Lift, 1" BL, 33s, hardtop
Luuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:17 PM   #109
kjg26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

You can find those that are two layer, meaning they have a storage area thing. That make sense? That would be perfect.
Unread 05-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #110
remmons
Some assembly required.
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
I am going to the Jeep Jamboree in Big Bear with my daughter. # days of camping and wheeling. I took out the rear seat to make room to load up all our gear and my brother-in-law shows up to ask to borrow my skill saw.

I went to look for it and realized I had one of those stretchy webbed cargo net things from my wife's old 2000 Ford Windstar. It used to hook into the back area to keep cargo from rolling around.

Turns out, its a perfect fit between the roll cage arms behind the front seat. A few zip ties later, and I have a cargo net divider.

These cargo nets can be found in some of the Grand Cherokees as well. I have one from a '95 that I have used to keep my cargo in place in my YJ when I don't have my back seat in.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/i...t-case-989208/
remmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #111
grandboost98
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I did something similar a couple years ago

My setup has changed a bit now though
98 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - too many mods to list::SOLD::
grandboost98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #112
USMCBuckWild
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I don't have a way to load pics, but I used an old cargo net from a HMMWV to make a dog net in the back. It has 1" nylon that intersects every 6". I don't have a sewing machine, but i do have a drill and 1/4" impact that will drive some stainless selftappers through the intersection points and into the rollbar very nicely. I made 1 for each side window and am going to make one for the back that will utilize the stock door stop brackets (the little metal bar that slides through the nylon loop) to secure it to the floor or the rear gate. This way I can use some nylon straps with a hooked buckle to attach it and pull it tight. 4 of those at the floor, and 4 more up each side should hold it just fine.
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #113
Relicmoto
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by g4x4xgeoff View Post
e350 master cylinder. locks up my 35s no problem 17.99 from autozone
What year range e-350?
Relicmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #114
npa4863
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfTheSith View Post
I don't really like buying salvage. I live in AZ and while parts are normally great but salvage yards charge premium prices. You get the normal, "Well, as you can see there is no rust so I can sell it for more on the internet, so it cost more here as well." The operators are normally rude as Hell and extremely unhelpful. I am sorry you live in a salvage yard and have a third grade education. That is no reason to be an *** to people. We have a place that specializes in Jeeps and you would think they guy has to **** out each and every part he sells. He tried to sell me a set of 1995 full doors for 1000 dollars. I'd rather pay a little more for a new part with a warrantee. 4WD and O'reilly Auto parts treat me well and give me fair prices. Plus both places have ALWAYS honored their warrantees.
!1000 holy i picked my full doors up for 15 buck on a yard sale needs some tlc but not bad missing door pins, a corner window and a door panel
Unread 08-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #115
RICEKILA
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Front tow hooks from chevy/gmc pickups have the same mounting hole pattern as a YJ.

not the best picture.

"Now where did I leave my keys -- on the table -- on the desk -- maybe the front door --- Oh I remember -- I hung them on my radiator"
RICEKILA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #116
86scotty
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post

Now that's a great idea! The only Pull-a-Part near me has no Jeeps, ever, but they have 3-4 hundred minivans, mostly Ford Windstars. I'm gonna look for some of those nets for several different things. Thanks!

86scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #117
remmons
Some assembly required.
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86scotty View Post
Now that's a great idea! The only Pull-a-Part near me has no Jeeps, ever, but they have 3-4 hundred minivans, mostly Ford Windstars. I'm gonna look for some of those nets for several different things. Thanks!

That's a great idea! I have the same issue where I live. The only Jeeps that are in my local salvage yards are (occasionally) old CJ5's, XJ's and ZJ's, and one MJ.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/i...t-case-989208/
remmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #118
Mack83
1984 J-Series Truck 

4.0 tb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadyy View Post
E-fan out of a Taurus to get rid of the clutch fan stealing hp.
19lb ford fuel injectors
4.0 TB installed on 2.5L
8.8 rearend out of explorer
Bucket seats out of sunfire,cavalier,etc.

There are several junkyard upgrades for our YJ's. Look at what you want to upgrade then use the search feature to find write-ups on options.
Just curious about the 4.0 TB. If you install one on a 2.5 do you need to change the cam or do any other mods to it?
Mack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #119
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack83 View Post

Just curious about the 4.0 TB. If you install one on a 2.5 do you need to change the cam or do any other mods to it?
I havent personaly done it but I know theres a right up somewhere.
I think you have to change the idle controll thing from the 2.5 over to the 4.0 throttle boddy.
rodgers3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #120
PETE-4D
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPoot View Post
With so many people having issues with the oem gas tank in regards to the fuel float/gauge, has anyone found a nice solution for this other than taking the plastic cup out? (I'd hate to not be able to get fuel if I'm on an incline.)

Is there a better sending unit I can use that is less likely to screw up? Different tank altogether perhaps?
New here,,, reading some of the comments on the fuel tanks,,,

I did this modification on mine a few weeks ago 15-gallon to a 20-gallon tank, I had a quarter of a tank and topped the tank off with 14.2 more gallons. Drove over 140 miles before the gauge moved off full.

Hers the link for the modification.

http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/fuel/15to20gal/

Last edited by PETE-4D; 12-27-2013 at 08:06 PM..
PETE-4D is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.