Budget Junkyard Upgrades. - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Budget Junkyard Upgrades.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #91
LordOfTheSith
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I don't really like buying salvage. I live in AZ and while parts are normally great but salvage yards charge premium prices. You get the normal, "Well, as you can see there is no rust so I can sell it for more on the internet, so it cost more here as well." The operators are normally rude as Hell and extremely unhelpful. I am sorry you live in a salvage yard and have a third grade education. That is no reason to be an *** to people. We have a place that specializes in Jeeps and you would think they guy has to **** out each and every part he sells. He tried to sell me a set of 1995 full doors for 1000 dollars. I'd rather pay a little more for a new part with a warrantee. 4WD and O'reilly Auto parts treat me well and give me fair prices. Plus both places have ALWAYS honored their warrantees.

LordOfTheSith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #92
bigbossd1030
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandboost98
I dont lock my doors no its a none issue for me. Probably why I was confused at first lol
I wish I didn't have to lock my doors, good ol Edmonton. What really sucks is in the summer time, I can only go one day at a time with my top off, I can't leave it parked with no top here.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
[COLOR="Blue"]OFFICIAL JEEPER[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]Any Jeepers in Edmonton, AB
I am on channel 33.[/COLOR]
I live, I ride, I am JEEP.
bigbossd1030 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #93
flashy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

So far I have gotten
front wagoner leaf springs to get a 2" stretch and a 2" lift.

8.8 for explorer rear end with 4.10 LSD so no locker or regear

95 D30 wrangler with 4 banger 4.11 gears and the bigger u-joints...Im going to top it off with WJ knuckles for high steer and bigger brakes

93 jeep Cherokee AW4 transmission...4speed instead of 3 speed....some wiring required but not bad if you can wire a stereo, you should be OK

93 jeep Cherokee steering column...just move the mounts from the old steering column to the new one

93 floor shifters...since I was using everything else, I used these....some slight floor pan mod

jeep Cherokee front DS...shortened for the rear DS

94 YJ slightly modified

00 WJ stock
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #94
Djsthe1
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
So far I have gotten

95 D30 wrangler with 4 banger 4.11 gears and the bigger u-joints...Im going to top it off with WJ knuckles for high steer and bigger brakes

93 jeep Cherokee AW4 transmission...4speed instead of 3 speed....some wiring required but not bad if you can wire a stereo, you should be OK

93 jeep Cherokee steering column...just move the mounts from the old steering column to the new one

93 floor shifters...since I was using everything else, I used these....some slight floor pan mod

Floor shifters?
Djsthe1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #95
flashy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djsthe1 View Post
Floor shifters?
yup and the counsel...the only thing I am not using is the ebrake and I might use that too so I don't have cage clearance issues

94 YJ slightly modified

00 WJ stock
Unread 04-24-2013, 02:44 PM   #96
kjg26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

And can u provide details on the wj knuckles.
Unread 04-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #97
flashy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I actually don't have a whole lot of info yet....I know there is a ton of info if yo Google it....I do know they have to be 99-03. I know you get bigger brakes so you have to watch your rim size. There are a bunch of little stuff you have to do but if you got time and need a project...it gets the tie rod up and out of the way

94 YJ slightly modified

00 WJ stock
Unread 04-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #98
Steve707
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ive read that 15" rims work with wj knuckles, backspacing is what matters.
Steve707 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 03:09 PM   #99
Djsthe1
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
yup and the counsel...the only thing I am not using is the ebrake and I might use that too so I don't have cage clearance issues
The way it was worded I thought you may have posted pictures.
Djsthe1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:03 PM   #100
flashy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Sorry, I'm in the process of replacing the floor pans so no pics yet but I did a couple if test fits and it looks like it will drop in with minimal work. I just had knee surgery but I can post some pics in a day or so. The steering column bolts right in and there are already write ups about that.

94 YJ slightly modified

00 WJ stock
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #101
remmons
Some assembly required.
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
So far I have gotten

Great job! I wish that I had a salvage yard in my neck of the woods that had those vehicles in it. I mostly have a (wish) list with those parts on it.

I am by no means a professional. I know just enough to get myself into trouble.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/i...t-case-989208/
remmons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #102
flashy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

check CL for people parting out vehicles or try putting an ad on CL asking if anyone has one sitting around.

94 YJ slightly modified

00 WJ stock
Unread 04-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #103
Hghgrad
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
So far I have gotten

I did the aw4 swap over the winter. Probably the best thing I've done besides a 4.0 swap. If you need anything, shoot me a pm. I've got a few links saved somewhere.
Unread 04-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #104
flashy
1994 YJ Wrangler 

That is awsome...thank you...

94 YJ slightly modified

00 WJ stock
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:49 PM   #105
102joe
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

So time for me to chime in . I would like to do this is there more info on it ?

NO REALY ,, IT IS HIP TO BE SQUAIR
102joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.