Budget Junkyard Upgrades. - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Budget Junkyard Upgrades.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-26-2012, 09:46 PM   #61
ChrisNukemYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

For anyone that has the pathfinder tire carrier....
What did you do to reinforce the corner so the carrier doesn't destroy the tub?

()_) ()_)-o-)_)
ChrisNukemYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #62
YelloJeep
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ View Post

I also have wondered this.... I picked up a Pathfinder carrier and sold it because it was SO HEAVY! Also I am running the 4cylinder so extra weight isn't what i need!
YelloJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #63
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I also have wondered this.... I picked up a Pathfinder carrier and sold it because it was SO HEAVY! Also I am running the 4cylinder so extra weight isn't what i need!
The pathfinder carrier is a little heavy but I'm not sure it's any more weight than any other similar design.

What I did was drill a hole in my bumper and mount a piece of DOM to hang the carrier on. I offset the bumper so there's room for jerry cans between the carrier and the tailgate.

Made hinges with old shackle bushings and some 5/8 bolts.

If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #64
ChrisNukemYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
The pathfinder carrier is a little heavy but I'm not sure it's any more weight than any other similar design.

What I did was drill a hole in my bumper and mount a piece of DOM to hang the carrier on. I offset the bumper so there's room for jerry cans between the carrier and the tailgate.
I have seen them bolted directly to the tub and thats what I would like to do.
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Unread 02-28-2012, 04:57 PM   #65
ChrisNukemYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I did tow hooks off a Ford Exploder
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Unread 02-28-2012, 05:12 PM   #66
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanjeep View Post
did this work?

not exactly. i must;ve measured something off when i checked hte bolt pattern because this holley is exactly the same pattern as the webers. but, if you don;t mind the adapter to run the holley, the carb works super. no more of the problems i had with a weber 34, no more dieseling, no more hard starts, no more rough idle, just perfectly rock solid idle and driving with immediate shut offs and super easy 1 pump cold starts and no pump warm starts. (and i love webers, ran them on my bmws for racing)

i am about to pull it off though to put an offenhauser intake and motorcraft on. hopefully i can find an old 450 motorcraft 4 barrel
Unread 04-30-2012, 09:25 PM   #67
b_pat
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I pulled the seats our of a sunfire. They bolted right up. Now all I need is some water resistant seat covers. I love the seats though. Much needed improvement!
b_pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #68
CKjeeps
1987 J-Series Truck 

Bump
CKjeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #69
ChrisNukemYJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

seriously. I would have thought there would have been way more input on this.
()_) ()_)-o-)_)
Unread 06-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #70
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJsWrangler View Post
I've got a couple of different ones:
2) Gas tank upgrade....87s and 88s (and maybe 89s) only can with the 15 gallon tank. If you're like me and want to put as much time between gas stops as possible, upgrading to a 91+ 20 gallon tank is a good idea. I'm not sure what they run at junkyards, but its got to be a lot cheaper than the $400 price tag for a new one.
In my experience with pick yards in California, the fuel tanks are punctured and drained when the vehicle is placed into the yard for salvage. I advise you check with your local auto salvage yard to find out their policy.
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35, Rock sliders, Monsta Daughter&Dad Project Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 Rock-Trac D44/44 lockers, 4" Currie Lift, 1" BL, 33s, hardtop
Luuca is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #71
Luuca
Professional Novice

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post
Made hinges with old shackle bushings and some 5/8 bolts.

We may have FINALLY found a use for our Track Bars!!!
91 YJ "Alice" 2.5L AX5 D30/35, Rock sliders, Monsta Daughter&Dad Project Yellow Jeep Club Club #91

05 LJ Rubi "Ghost" 4.0L Auto NV241 Rock-Trac D44/44 lockers, 4" Currie Lift, 1" BL, 33s, hardtop
Luuca is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 12:46 AM   #72
AmmitOsiris
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luuca View Post
We may have FINALLY found a use for our Track Bars!!!
tire carrier????
AmmitOsiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #73
90DesertTanYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by superj View Post
not exactly. i must;ve measured something off when i checked hte bolt pattern because this holley is exactly the same pattern as the webers. but, if you don;t mind the adapter to run the holley, the carb works super. no more of the problems i had with a weber 34, no more dieseling, no more hard starts, no more rough idle, just perfectly rock solid idle and driving with immediate shut offs and super easy 1 pump cold starts and no pump warm starts. (and i love webers, ran them on my bmws for racing)

i am about to pull it off though to put an offenhauser intake and motorcraft on. hopefully i can find an old 450 motorcraft 4 barrel
Keep floggin ya on this one. I assume you took off the Weber and bolted this Holley to your Weber adapter plate? I am ready to take my Weber and run over it with something that has bigger tires than my YJ. If it was my DD I woulda already shot it. Mine is a DFV not a DGV, Lord knows where the PO came up with it. Its for Volkswagen or marine applications or something oddball like that. It does have the same bolt pattern tho.

Do you have a Holley model number for the 73 Cornet?
90DesertTanYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #74
90DesertTanYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

And an engine size? I looked at RockAuto and the carbs dont look like the Holley
90DesertTanYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #75
Rookie-IA-YJ
1991 YJ Wrangler 

need help

ok the part i am looking for seems like it would be a easy find but is turning out to be a bit more difficult than i thought i am looking for some kind of junction box that is water proof and i can mount under hood to condense all the accessory power wires down to just one wire going from battery to junction box and then to their respective place. any ideas would be a big help thanks
Rookie-IA-YJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.