The Buckit Build....A Life Story - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > The Buckit Build....A Life Story

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 10-19-2010, 11:25 PM   #31
Kode_Luna
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Haha that's too funny! "The Bucket" was the nickname of my first car...

1995 YJ Wrangler 2.5L
31x10.5 Dick Cepek Radial FC IIs
Kode_Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 12:58 AM   #32
Squamer
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by funshootin1 View Post
hand someone else the camera so theres a record of YOU actually doing some work. ha ha, progressing nicely sir. no mention of the flywheel incident? ? hmmm.
It's called delagation of athority. I make sure that we have all the right stuff at the right times.....including your 'liquid motovation'.

I did mention the incident...it was even highlighted in red so you would not miss it, because I knew this would be a great fingerpointing topic....geezzz!
Squamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 01:01 AM   #33
Squamer
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRhino View Post
Looks like you left the alignment tool in place. That's ok, I forgot to install the rear main seal before I mounted the transmission when I rebuilt the engine
Nope....more tech based than that.
Unread 10-20-2010, 01:20 AM   #34
intub8u
1995 YJ Wrangler 

This is quite an interesting thread..I enjoy reading your captions!
intub8u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2010, 11:48 AM   #35
Squamer
1990 YJ Wrangler 

New Family Roll Bar!!

I finally got this installed late last night. I have a little rodent that loves to go with me in the Buckit, I have just felt very uncomfortable with the old style 'kid-killer' roll bar. Now there is an added sense of safety. The installation went fairly well....once I was informed of the secret to removing 21 year-old bolts.....plastic explosive!!

In all seriousness, a small propane torch and PB Blaster did the trick. Swapped it all over in about an hour, and did not break one bolt.
Unread 10-24-2010, 12:12 PM   #36
Squamer
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Overhead Center Console

I also started an overhead console to accomodate my CB, switch panel, power inverter, overhead light, and 12 volt charging ports. I like the fact that all of this equipment is high up and out of harm's way from mud and water. It is constructed from 3/4" laminated plywood reinforced with fiberglass. I covered the entire box with water-resistant poly black fabric. The securment to the vehicle is made possible by durable straps holding it to the center hoop and a bracket to hold it to the windshield frame. Pretty rock solid.

I finished the first plate that includes the overhead light, a 4" 80 LED light, super bright. I want to get this done......too useful.

More to follow.......
Unread 10-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #37
funshootin1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Im digging the console, think ill add that to my to do list.
funshootin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2010, 04:05 PM   #38
mdubs
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squamer View Post

(Bouns Points if anyone can tell what is wrong with the above picture, and why it caused us a buttload of problems later.....)
Forgot the flex plate.

Last edited by mdubs; 10-26-2010 at 04:11 PM.. Reason: To include picture
mdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 02:28 AM   #39
Squamer
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
Forgot the flex plate.
I'll let the cat out of the bag......

The 'unfubared' trans/transfercase came out of a '93 YJ I4 with fuel injection. I picked it up from a salvage yard and got everything to go with it, just to be safe. One of these items was the flywheel from the '93.........

Lesson learned.....the flywheels are different, something we didn't figure out until we got the entire assembly back in and buttoned up. When we tried to start it, there was just the sound of the starter cranking the engine. No ignition. This was immediately followed by a momentary pause where one thinks things like ".....Oh Poo!!"

So after drowning our dispair in an icy cold pounder, we chalked this install up to a "time-to-beat practice run" and set off to work spinning the sockets once again. So, one hour later, all was switched. The '90 flywheel returned home, enabling the engine crank, start, and produce more of the hell we know so well as the 2.5L 4-banger.

In short.....BIG FREAKIN DO-OVER!!!!! DOH!
Unread 10-27-2010, 04:59 AM   #40
Louie4
Injanir

1993 YJ Wrangler 

I really like that overhead center console. Particularly the dome light.

I have a jeep...and it is modified...I win.

YJOTM July 2012
YJOTM February 2014

Louie4's YJ Build
Poison Spyder Fender Install
Warn M8000 Rebuild Adventure
University of Georgia
Louie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 05:19 AM   #41
Squamer
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie4 View Post
I really like that overhead center console. Particularly the dome light.
I think it's going to be very functional once completed. One down side I have discovered already....you bang your head on it every now and then. No worries, nothing up there to hurt.
Unread 11-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #42
Squamer
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to the weekend....

I think I might get the chance to finish the overhead console this weekend. Also have to cut out some rot from the driver side floor pan. There was alot of rain this week and I'm getting somewhat tired of the feeling like I'm driving around with a pressure washer spraying my legs. Any reason to replace sheet steel with 1/4" plate is a what I call a good upgrade.

'Com-bot the rot!'
Unread 11-14-2010, 10:01 AM   #43
Squamer
1990 YJ Wrangler 

LED Dash Conversion

So the postman left a gift in the mailbox......

I wanted to go with red backlighting for the gauges. I do beleive that red is easier on the eyes at night, plus the Buckit is red. (Now, I'm not one of those people who thinks that everything should be monochromatic to the color of the Jeep. From the tacky vinyl seat covers to the $34.95 anodized billet aluminum oil cap. Crap....all crap. Functionallity prevails over aesthics...always.)

There are 11 needed in total to complete the dash. This include 1 for the climate controls.

The bulbs are made to fit the 197 base and are equipted with 4 LEDS at the 90 degree viewing angle.

.....the before.

...the after.

It's hard to take good pictures in low light, so I apologize for the poopiness of the above photos. All in all, I like the new look. Well worth the time and effort. This is a very easy mod to do, it only took me about an hour to complete.
Unread 11-14-2010, 10:21 AM   #44
funshootin1
1998 TJ Wrangler 

the poopiness huh. we can tell your a dad. nice lights, they look like candy you should eat them. nom nom nom.
funshootin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2010, 10:34 AM   #45
Nielsen17
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I wanna do the leds like that... should probably make the jeep run before i go for the looks huh :P

Tags
1990 , build , jeep , YJ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.