Bucket seats in rear - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bucket seats in rear

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 04-06-2013, 08:05 AM   #1
94YJ4L
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Bucket seats in rear

Has anyone put bucket seats instead of the standard bench in the back of their YJ? Looking at doing this as my YJ doesn't have the back seat hardware anymore.

94YJ4L is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

The aftermarket bucket seats are wide along with most all oem seats. I have seen a few jeeps with one bucket seat in the rear and storage off to the side. Also consider the height as the rear is about six inches higher than the front. Some low slung ch style front seats may be the ticket.
Unread 04-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
g33kdrummer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

did you do this? Do you have pics.. I might do the same
g33kdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #4
flea1987
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Theres another post where someone was talking about using boat seats
flea1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #5
Gage56
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

I think a set of stock fronts could work , ive nothing better to do today so i might take my old fronts and see what could be done

White Jeep Club #302

My Resto/Build Thread
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/my-official-build-thread-1992-yj-emma-1494420/

Another YJ Resto
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...81/?highlight=

Sun Visor Fix How To
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/s...x-how-1607617/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ View Post
This is a prime example why people should be give a IQ test before they are allowed to Vote or Breed.
Gage56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #6
skyj
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I know its not bucket seats but I'm still working on fitting this in mine (newer middle row suburban seat). I had to narrow it by two inches. It will fit now just got to figure out seat belts. I plan to go 5 point harness shortly.

forumrunner_20130406_094140.jpg

There is a guy in the build threads he did durango bucket seats in his he had to cut and widen the wheel wells for it all to fit. He made three threads on it part 1,2 and 3. Ha ha.

Grandboost also installed a single YJ bucket seat in the back of his, I think they are to wide to go with two back there.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.