Brown Dog, Customer Service!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Brown Dog, Customer Service!!

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 02-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
az_zoner
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Brown Dog, Customer Service!!

I've been installing a rebuilt engine in my 91 YJ over the last few weeks. I had picked up a used set of Brown Dog motor mounts and engine brackets. They had the Poly bushing in them and after starting my engine for the first time I decided I needed to buy the rubber bushings. I called Brown Dog and talk to Tim for a while. The man has a wealth of knowledge about YJ's for sure. Anyway, That was Thursday. Yesterday, Friday afternoon I was cleaning up some wiring and vacuum lines on the jeep when Tim comes walking into my garage. He was hand delivering my bushing and wanted to make sure I was getting the right ones! That is just Un-Real!

So my project for today is set out. And again just want to Thank Tim and the Brown Dog Company for Incredible customer service!

And I also got to meet the "Brown dog".

Craig

az_zoner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
jonathan75

Quote:
Originally Posted by az_zoner View Post
I've been installing a rebuilt engine in my 91 YJ over the last few weeks. I had picked up a used set of Brown Dog motor mounts and engine brackets. They had the Poly bushing in them and after starting my engine for the first time I decided I needed to buy the rubber bushings. I called Brown Dog and talk to Tim for a while. The man has a wealth of knowledge about YJ's for sure. Anyway, That was Thursday. Yesterday, Friday afternoon I was cleaning up some wiring and vacuum lines on the jeep when Tim comes walking into my garage. He was hand delivering my bushing and wanted to make sure I was getting the right ones! That is just Un-Real!

So my project for today is set out. And again just want to Thank Tim and the Brown Dog Company for Incredible customer service!

And I also got to meet the "Brown dog".

Craig
That is funny because you can't pick up local but they will hand deliver local. But very good service! Good company to have close to you.

"No local pickup: Due to insurance requirements and extensive security arrangements, will-call orders are not accepted. No walk-in sales. All orders are shipped." Brown Dog Offroad
jonathan75 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 07:20 AM   #3
Hghgrad
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Good to hear about a company that takes care of their customers like that. I've got their engine brackets on my yj and 90% of the reason I bought them was because of stories like this. I was extremely happy with the fit and finish of them and they look somewhat indestructible
Unread 02-17-2013, 08:16 AM   #4
gunshw301
1994 YJ Wrangler 

My only gripe is I wish they made more parts! I know they have the market in motor mounts, but it is difficult to find quality and customer service these days, typically you don't get either.
F/S Dana 35, 4:10, open make an offer, local pick up only, will not ship. 3-8-13

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-94-b-g-yj-1034888/"]My 1994 yj build page[/URL]
gunshw301 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #5
scottontherocks
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunshw301
My only gripe is I wish they made more parts! I know they have the market in motor mounts, but it is difficult to find quality and customer service these days, typically you don't get either.
^ x 2 great company!!
scottontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #6
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan75 View Post
"No local pickup: Due to insurance requirements and extensive security arrangements, will-call orders are not accepted. No walk-in sales. All orders are shipped." Brown Dog Offroad
they did ship it.. didnt say HOW they were going to ship it. The OP didnt pick the parts up so they didnt change their policy

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:06 PM   #7
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark05059 View Post
they did ship it.. didnt say HOW they were going to ship it. The OP didnt pick the parts up so they didnt change their policy
Not to mention that companies' policies aren't "laws." They are privately owned entities and can do whatever they want (within the public law).

I'm suprised someone even bothered mentioning this...leave it to someone on the internet to complain about good customer service.

Brown Dog decided to go out of their way to hand deliver something, doesn't change the fact that they don't want people walking over to their place and picking up parts. I don't see the two scenarios as even related.

I've had nothing but a great experience with their company and will not order another mount from anywhere other than them if I have the option.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
jeep63

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I just put some super brackets and a 1" mml on my 91 2.5.

I already have them on my 89. These are great and will likely outlast each jeep.
jeep63 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.