Bronco 8.8 and dana 30? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Bronco 8.8 and dana 30?

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still AvailableCurrie Currectlync Steering Upgrade Kits and Currie Anti-R

Unread 08-08-2011, 11:54 PM   #1
RedneckJacob
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Bronco 8.8 and dana 30?

I realize this is probably a terribly stupid question but i just want an answer.. Could you run a bronco 8.8 in the rear of an 87 yj (yes i realize it is full width and 4 inches longer than the d30 and. A 5x5.5 bolt pattern) but you can get eheel adapter kits for 40 bucks. So if i regeared my d30 to match the 8.8 could i run them? I have tj moabs so they have a good amount of backspacing. Would it look terribly goofy?

Or could i get the axle shqortened? Any idea on how much this costs?

RedneckJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 12:05 AM   #2
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

It would look like a Yj rat rod. Stick with the explorer for the 8.8. 9" on the other hand is worth narrowing down for a jeep because of the aftermarket support for them. They're also found in broncos, even some up to '87 but more common in the late 70's.
Unread 08-09-2011, 12:25 AM   #3
NKYBRAD

Don't. You already knew that.

1993 YJ - SOLD
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - In process
NKYBRAD is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.