Broken Steelhorse Hardtop Hardware Fix? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Broken Steelhorse Hardtop Hardware Fix?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-23-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
texasjeep2004
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Broken Steelhorse Hardtop Hardware Fix?

I have a two piece Steelhorse hard top on my YJ. Two of the clamps used to hold down the targa top (front piece) have broken. There is a little hook on one end that hooks to the rollbar. That little hook broke. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there replacement hardware from another company or something that I could swap out? I'll try to take some close up pictures later but I found some steelhorse hardtop interior pictures online.

texasjeep2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
crackedcornish
1988 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.mcmaster.com/#

scroll down to "Hardware" and look for draw latches to see the many different types available
crackedcornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 06:52 PM   #3
rabq08

I just picked up this same top for the TJ.
Could you post pictures of how the targa mounts to the roll bars?
Much appreciated!
rabq08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 09:31 PM   #4
dogcatcher
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I just got the latches from McMaster carr for my 2 piece hard top and they worked great.
dogcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
texasjeep2004
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcatcher View Post
I just got the latches from McMaster carr for my 2 piece hard top and they worked great.
Whats the part number of the latches you bought? I couldn't find a direct replacement.
texasjeep2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #6
4xCamper
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Part number please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasjeep2004 View Post
Whats the part number of the latches you bought? I couldn't find a direct replacement.
My first time on this board, and I don't want to hijack the thread...........maybe enhance the thread for more of our benefits. I'm addressing my first need as the proud 1 day owner of a '95 YJ. I'm sure I can figure this out, but why waste my brain cells if somebody else has this worked out.

My PO has put draw latches that hold the Targa to to the windshield frame. There is nothing at the back of it and the main to has two of four mounts it should have. It made it home on the freeway, but I was a little concerned.
4xCamper is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.