broken rear soft top window - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > broken rear soft top window

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 02-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
jakemerritt
2007 JK Wrangler 

broken rear soft top window

Well it hit -13 with the wind chill here in grand rapids a couple weeks ago. My friend was taking out our snowboards and the window just snapped! Now my soft top is pretty old I'm debating on just replacing the rear window, buying new soft top or used hard top. Can't decide.
PS if someone has a used rear window for now for cheap I would consider it.
Anyone help me decide lol

OIIIIIO

Unread 02-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #2
Poke
runtime error = 0

2015 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemerritt View Post
Well it hit -13 with the wind chill here in grand rapids a couple weeks ago. My friend was taking out our snowboards and the window just snapped! Now my soft top is pretty old I'm debating on just replacing the rear window, buying new soft top or used hard top. Can't decide.
PS if someone has a used rear window for now for cheap I would consider it.
Anyone help me decide lol

OIIIIIO
a new window won't match your old faded top. If you have the $ just order an entire new top.
Poke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
jakemerritt
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke View Post

a new window won't match your old faded top. If you have the $ just order an entire new top.
Well I have been saving cuz it is so bad. But I can't decide on hard or soft.

OIIIIIO
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #4
Poke
runtime error = 0

2015 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemerritt View Post
Well I have been saving cuz it is so bad. But I can't decide on hard or soft.

OIIIIIO
In Michigan... I'd go hard but its all personal preference. I'd never wheel with a hard top on though. I'd destroy it withing a few minutes.
Poke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
Old4X
1990 CJ7 

I only have a top on the YJ 5 months of the year, so soft top is all I need. Where you are, a hard top makes sense for a DD. For wheeling, no.

If you only replace the rear piece, the others will be breaking soon.
Unread 02-11-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
jakemerritt
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old4X View Post
I only have a top on the YJ 5 months of the year, so soft top is all I need. Where you are, a hard top makes sense for a DD. For wheeling, no.

If you only replace the rear piece, the others will be breaking soon.
Good point! I don't wheel very hard! Just some small mud holes here and there and snow drifts so breaking the hart top shouldn't be a problem. Well I think I'll go hard top! Thanks guys!

OIIIIIO
Unread 02-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #7
Gohot

http://www.craigs-list-search.com/ I'v found this Craigslist search engine, I hope the link comes through. Might find a window there. It might help knowing the brand you now have on it.

And Yea, new tops aren't too much, usually under $300 or so. I like Ruged Ridge myself, though the door zippers are a tad whimpy, the rest are the large nylon type.
Gohot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.