Broken Clutch Return Spring - YJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Broken Clutch Return Spring - YJ

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 07-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
Kephlon
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Broken Clutch Return Spring - YJ

While driving recently, I heard a loud snapping noise and discovered a broken spring under my dashboard. My best guess is that it was my clutch return spring; it is now dangling off my dash. The clutch seems to still operate well. I'm having difficulty trying to find a replacement part online. Can someone confirm that it was my clutch return spring that broke & where I can buy a replacement (1993 YJ Sport)? Thanks.

Kephlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #2
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Here is the parts book page look at #7 for the Part number that will give you a start.

Have you checked with your Jeep dealer???
clutch-return-spring.jpg  

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 02:21 AM   #3
90DesertTanYJ
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Not many springs under the dash. Clutch, brake and Ebrake I can think of. Any change in the pedal positions? Are your brake lights on all the time?
90DesertTanYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #4
Kephlon
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks the quick responses. It does look like item #7 on the parts list. Thanks for the tip. I'll try to find the part locally through my local dealer or try to find a similar sized spring to replace it.
Kephlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
Jeepsr4me

Most parts places have a HELP section of springs and bolts and all kinds of stuff. Pays to wander around and look every now and again. Always find something new that I could have used and save me a ton of wasted time looking at a junk yard.
Jeepsr4me is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.