Broken Bleeder for Clutch Master Cylinder - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Broken Bleeder for Clutch Master Cylinder

Rear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
PiTRiFF
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Broken Bleeder for Clutch Master Cylinder

After replacing the Clutch Master Cylinder on my 91 YJ I broke the bleeder that comes out of the transmisson. I was so careful in my attempts and think at this point I own stock in PB Blast. There is an inch of tubing that sticks out of the transmission and then the valve itself. Is it as simple as cutting that piece off and replacing it?

Check Out My Band VooDoo Brother www.voodoobrother.com
PiTRiFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
TheSmanman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yes, If you have enough sticking out of the trans, just use a compression fitting and extend the line a few more inches, then use some type of adapter to put a new bleeder on the new line.
TheSmanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
PiTRiFF
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Well its good to know its possible. Im assuming the line is the same size as a break line. I found Brake Bleeder valves at Quadritech but now just need to figure out an adaptor. thanks for the advice

Unread 08-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #4
kahanabob
1992 YJ Wrangler 

on my 92 the block the bleeder nipple screws into is threaded onto the line coming out of the tranny. in other words if the bleeder nipple breaks off you could take off the block it screws into and replace it along with the bleeder nipple. is yours not like that?
kahanabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
PiTRiFF
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Mine looks like this

Unread 08-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #6
kahanabob
1992 YJ Wrangler 

same as mine, so is the bleeder screw broke of at that round block? if so you can see the round block unscrews off the line. can't you just replace the round block and a new bleeder screw? or is the threaded part of the bleed line mucked up?
Unread 08-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #7
PiTRiFF
1991 YJ Wrangler 

That sounds like the best bet. I've been looking all over the place trying to find that block but no luck. Im not sure if I can get that old one off. Its really rusty.

Unread 08-22-2012, 11:23 AM   #8
kahanabob
1992 YJ Wrangler 

soak it with liquid wrench first. use a open end wrench as opposed to crescent wrench. once you get it off you might be able to get the bleeder nipple out with a easy-out.
Unread 08-25-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
TheSmanman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Do this,. (see picture) Remove the small drum. Drill out the bleeder and the use a bigger bleeder. Get the bigger bleeder from a parts house. You'll need to tap for the bigger threads for the new bleeder. Let us know how you make out. Should be an easy fix.
85357212.jpg  
Unread 08-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #10
copleydad

1989 YJ Wrangler 

I tried finding that part a few years ago and found out it only is available with a new slave. In my case, the line holding the bleeder sprung a leak from hitting some road debris. I just used a couple compression fittings with a threaded cap and haven't had any issues. I used a piece of steel brake line to get me enough length in order to be able to bleed the system.

One Jeep is Never Enough
copleydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #11
TheSmanman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=copleydad;14073304]I tried finding that part a few years ago and found out it only is available with a new slave. In my case, the line holding the bleeder sprung a leak from hitting some road debris. I just used a couple compression fittings with a threaded cap and haven't had any issues. I used a piece of steel brake line to get me enough length in order to be able to bleed the system.

That's what I had suggested a few posts up, but haven't heard how he made out!?
Unread 08-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #12
PiTRiFF
1991 YJ Wrangler 

sorry guys I've been slammed at work and haven't replied. I'm going to try this today. I'll post back my results

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Unread 08-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #13
PiTRiFF
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Ive tried everything to get that fitting off and it just wont budge. I took a baby food jar filled with PB Blast and had the piece soaking in it overnight. I put a washer and string thhrough the cap to hold the jar in place and evern that didnt work. Im going to cut that fitting off and go with the compression fitting idea from above. When picking up fittings is there a certain type I need as far as pressure rating?

Unread 08-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #14
TheSmanman
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiTRiFF View Post
Ive tried everything to get that fitting off and it just wont budge. I took a baby food jar filled with PB Blast and had the piece soaking in it overnight. I put a washer and string thhrough the cap to hold the jar in place and evern that didnt work. Im going to cut that fitting off and go with the compression fitting idea from above. When picking up fittings is there a certain type I need as far as pressure rating?
No, a compression fitting is a compression fitting they don't have different pressure ratings. You won't have any issue doing is this way. Just make sure they are tight, but don't over tighten them. You'll feel it. Let us know how you make out.
Unread 09-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #15
PiTRiFF
1991 YJ Wrangler 

IT'S Fixed. I got a few compression fittings from the auto parts store and a threaded cap from home depot. The Flaring tool I got from Advanced Auto was a piece if garbage. when I finally got my hands on an old one my buddy had the task was simple. Thank you all for all of your advice and patience.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.