Broke my Leaf Spring.. Is this a good replacement??? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Broke my Leaf Spring.. Is this a good replacement???

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 04-13-2010, 08:46 AM   #16
Bridges31
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudvain View Post
well, starting from $200 (price of springs) and adding shocks and a steering stab thats about an additional $150 if you stick to RC's brand. the RC 4" kit complete is $449 before Ryan gives you a JF member discount and, your good to go warranty wise if you need replacement springs. either way, you could save money piecing the parts together doing a little searching or buying a complete kit, its just how much time you want to invest doing it i guess is what it comes down to. i think buying a complete kit might save some headaches in the end.
Good point. Thanks for the help!

Bridges31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 08:48 AM   #17
SloppyJoseph
1993 YJ Wrangler 

You could get the springs. Make some sort of Tcase spacer. It cant be that hard, hell a bunch of washers would work. And I think you would be fine. I have a 4" Skyjacker lift and I run a tcase drop. Im about 90% sure I have stock brake lines also. But then you would look stupid running around with small tires and what not.

If i were you, i'd buy something to replace all four springs at once. It sounds like you do not want a lift, but just to get it back running. That would be the easiest.
SloppyJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 09:04 AM   #18
Bridges31
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloppyJoseph View Post
You could get the springs. Make some sort of Tcase spacer. It cant be that hard, hell a bunch of washers would work. And I think you would be fine. I have a 4" Skyjacker lift and I run a tcase drop. Im about 90% sure I have stock brake lines also. But then you would look stupid running around with small tires and what not.

If i were you, i'd buy something to replace all four springs at once. It sounds like you do not want a lift, but just to get it back running. That would be the easiest.
Well my predicament is that I eventually want a lift in the jeep (hopefully by June-July if I get the $$ saved up) and the RC 4" lift was the lift I actually wanted, so I don't want to drop hundreds of dollars on just stock springs only to turn around and get rid of them for the lift kit.

...By the way, I currently have 31" tires on the vehicle which I would probably run with a 4" lift anyway until I can afford to move up to 33's

Being a college student sucks sometimes lol
Bridges31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 09:45 AM   #19
matko25

rough country had some quality issues in the past are they better now?
matko25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #20
SloppyJoseph
1993 YJ Wrangler 

There is a very long thread with RC's people in it explaining and tring to actually fix the problems that they are having. I personally have never bought any RC products but their support on the forum is a really nice thing to have and I wouldn't hesitate buying anything from them. They even sent a few members new parts!

Ok man then this is a no brainer. Save the money and buy the kit. Dont piece it together. You would probably pay more and have no warranty.

And i feel you on the college thing. It sucks but it will be worth it. Im almost done with mine.
SloppyJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #21
SimonTuffGuy
[I'm That Good]

I bought a 2.5" RC lift and I really like it. I've had no problems so far, but from the thread in here, it seems like they're taking care of their customers when issues do come up.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.