This Broke??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > This Broke???

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 05-18-2001, 06:08 PM   #1
bigjeep39
2004 WJ 

This Broke???

I don't know how it happened or what it is, but it looks really bad and i don't know if it needs bolts, welding or if i can just remove it, well let me know. HELP http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...a=12967369&f=0

Unread 05-18-2001, 07:09 PM   #2
FLHT_FXRS_YJ

Looks like the rear track bar attachment point. Other posts on this board say you can pitch it. You might do a search for track bar to get some more info.
89' YJ - 4.2 - NV4500 - NP231w/sye - 1" Body Lift - 2 1/2" Rancho Suspension Lift - 31" Firestone MTR - AR Outlaw II - Tomken Bumpers F & R - Warn 8000 front - Warn 6000 rec. mount rear - FlowFit Seats - Tom Woods Rear & Custom 2" front driveshafts
FLHT_FXRS_YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2001, 07:41 PM   #3
Mike Johnson

Yep, looks like the rear trackbar to me. Tossed mine a couple of months ago and have not missed it since. Take the trakbar off and try it for awhile.HTH
Mike
Jeep- The Offical Vehicle of My Mid-life Crisis.
Mike Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-2001, 04:04 PM   #4
JEEP THANG

Honestly, you do not have Coils nor a Spring over, the only reason for a Jeep to have a track bar in the rear is to control to things,
1: Wheel Hop, you do not have a Sports car
this reason is Useless

2: Spring wrap, if you have a problem keeping off on the gas more than you need to then you need it for this reason.

I have taken both my front and rear track bars, they limit travel offroad but make the on road driveability much better, it is really choice for you. taking them out will cause your jeep not to feel so much like a Corvette on the road. I found them absolutely Useless so I took them out along with the Sway Bars, Mine drives just fine.

at any rate take it out for now until you decide to either fix it or keep it out.

Sincerely: JEEP THANG
relocated shock mounts
FlatFendered
http://pub47.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?album=98&usernum=3954245625
JEEP THANG is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.