Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Brakes won't work

948 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  jdifede4 
#1 ·
So I need some help. I did a brake job on my 95 yj Rio Grande. Put new calipers, rotors, and pads. After I got done and started to pump fluids my break pedal won't get stiff. So I put in a new master cylinder thinking that was the problem, and same thing my pedal will not get stiff. Did a bench bleed before installing new master and bleed the brakes to make sure all the air was out. Does anyone have any idea what it can and how to solve the problem. Stuck and need help.

#6 ·
I was thinking it but resisted the urge to be a d...... well you know... its just too easy and coffee hasn't worked through me yet!

Bleed, bleed, bleed... or you are leaking somewhere. I know you replaced the master, but make sure its seated correctly. My old master actually leaked air at the seal with the booster but it just kind of quietly gurgled and didnt really leak if that makes sense. It took a keen eye to see the issue.

#10 ·
langwilliams said:
did you get a new master cylinder? if so do they have to be "bled"? I bought a new one for a t bird turbo coupe an had to bench bleed it
He mentioned that he did and bench bled in the initial post...

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum... So excuse the typos, my iPhone is challenged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.