Brakes - No pressure in pedal - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Brakes - No pressure in pedal

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 10-02-2013, 05:08 PM   #16
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycal3 View Post

Not really sure... Easier to cut a section, but better to replace the whole thing I assume?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum... So excuse the typos, my iPhone is challenged.
Get copper line! You can bend it by hand!

ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2013, 05:41 PM   #17
Apollo12227
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycal3 View Post
Not really sure... Easier to cut a section, but better to replace the whole thing I assume?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum... So excuse the typos, my iPhone is challenged.
Meh, not necessissarily... You need to just inspect the brake line as it goes down the rail. If it appears the line was just rubbing in this area, then replacing just the bad section should be fine... If the entire things looks pitted and rusted, then you may want to look into swaping out the entire line. It really isn't as hard as you would think.

Regardless of whether you are replacing the entire thing, or just the section... I would check out a few YouTube videos for how to "single flair" and "double flair" lines... You can rent a "flairing tool" from advance/autozone, and after a few tries, you will be a master at it.

Line benders are about $5 or less... Definitely don't want to bend by hand, you WILL put a crimp in the line.

You got this!
Apollo12227 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 07:56 AM   #18
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the help guys. I will check the condition of the line and see if I can get away with replacing a section. I am going to do calipers, rotors and pads too so I will do it all in one shot. Apollo, thanks for the vote of confidence. I have a Chiltons Manual and this forum... I've done water pumps, t-stats, driveshafts, and valve cover gaskets so how hard can it be!

KCCO
jaycal3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #19
jaycal3
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Ok, so, without flaring the line or anything, is it really this easy???

KCCO
jaycal3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #20
wb2510
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391
Get copper line! You can bend it by hand!
I just replaced all the brake lines in my '94 YJ with steel lines after initially finding a leak in the line to the right front and then several others as I looked closer. Went to Napa and bought sections of straight coated line (not pre bent). I cut and flared them as needed. You can also get a bulk roll if you need to replace more than just a section. You can bend the steel line by hand if you are very careful but better to have the tool for the short radius bends. The flare fittings at the proportional valve junction block are three different sizes so you have to get a few different sized fittings to get everything connected. Pre bent kits are available but I cant imagine how you could fish them around the frame and all the obstacles in one long section. i had to insert a few couplings here and there to get it right.
wb2510
Late Jeep Club #3

Last edited by wb2510; 10-10-2013 at 06:24 AM.. Reason: spelling errors
wb2510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.