brake and turn signal switch? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > brake and turn signal switch?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-15-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
94YJCRAIG
1994 YJ Wrangler 

brake and turn signal switch?

so I've got a 94 YJ with the 4.0 i have recently ran into a few electrical issues and I've been staring at wires too long and now my brain feels like a gigantic tangled web of wires and I am going crazy. ok now I've vented.... I am trying to figure out the turn and brake switches and cant for the life of me get it figured. ive changed the hole engine harness to a stand alone harness and I'm in the process of making the o.e. fuse block clean and have the sole purpose of lighting and accessory. If anybody out there has a better diagram other than the hanes manual for the lighting portion i'd appreciate it. Actualy just about anything on the fuse panel to the switches would be great.
thanx

94YJCRAIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You should have not needed to change anything on the stock wiring harness for the body part (lights, radio , and such). The engine wiring is separate under the hood verses the lighting, accessories ( horn, washer). Now the engine harness does have the heater fan and A/C wiring in it. So now what did you change?
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #3
94YJCRAIG
1994 YJ Wrangler 

The engine bay wiring went through the firewall and intigrated with the fuse panel in the interior, now the engine harness comes through the fire wall in the center and has a singel plug unit into the dash.
Unread 08-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
Que89YJ
Web Wheeler
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Try this:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/5115283/Je...iring-Diagrams

The FSM is for a 95 but its the same setup.
Que89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
94YJCRAIG
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you
Unread 08-17-2011, 06:53 AM   #6
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

You do know that the engine harness is only half of the plug coming through the firewall. The other side is the body wiring. The firewall connection is split into two separate harnesses. Now for the back wiring is on the inside running under driver's door. Either body wiring harnesses should not have been touched unless something is not working.
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.