Brake System Failing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Brake System Failing

Black Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHutIntroducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com

Unread 02-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
0verkillYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Brake System Failing

So I did some heavy mudding today and after leaving the trails and driving around 10-15 miles my brakes started working on and off. If I pump them I get pressure back, but then the petal will go back to the floor next time I press them to stop. I couldn't find a leak in the front or the rear. I checked my master cylinder and the front was fine, but the rear only had about 10% left in it. What is weird though is I have driven without rear brakes before and know the difference between just the rear failing and my entire system acting up. Does anyone know what this could be? I couldn't figure it out at all and ended up having to park it until tomorrow morning in a friends backyard about 5 miles away from me.

0verkillYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2013, 09:01 PM   #2
TSEJEEPERS
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like leaking wheel cylinders to me.
Unread 02-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
0verkillYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I got calipers all around. Also, the front and rear are separate, so I would still have half my brakes but I do not. When I pump them I get pressure back, but if i dont use my brakes for 5 sec or more I lose pressure again.
Unread 02-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #4
Mark05059
1989 YJ Wrangler 

sounds like your master is junk...

1989 Wrangler Black Bone Stock 2.5l 5spd
/l , [____],
|---L--[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)==O=)_)
Mark05059 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #5
kjg26
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Or the booster is on its way out. I've got factory master/booster/ prop valve from a 93 you can have for the price of shipping
Unread 02-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
0verkillYJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg26 View Post
Or the booster is on its way out. I've got factory master/booster/ prop valve from a 93 you can have for the price of shipping
I am going to do some troubkeshhoting today and might take you up on that.
95 YJ, 2.5 AX15 conversion, 4.0 TB, SOA +1.5", 33" DC Crusher Tires, 8.8 Rear w/welded tubes + LSD, Spartan Locker HP30 Front w/solid axle swap, Rocky Road OTT kit, JKS Disconnects, AA SYE, Teraflex Shock Bar in Rear, 1/2" Boomerang Shackles, RE Add a Leafs, Homebrew Traction Bar, Monstalined in&out, LED Tail lights, 1700 Watt Stereo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.