Brake Line Extension - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Brake Line Extension

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 12-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
tenghensen
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Brake Line Extension

Hey, so I've got a 95 YJ with 3.5" Superlift Springs and I just got some 1.25" RC Boomerang Shackles so I can clear the 33s that I'm riding on. In installing the front shackles, I realized that my brake lines are now stretched super taut and I would assume that an extension is necessary. I tried to put the shackes on the back, and found that the parking brake line is the limiting part there, and it will definitely need to be extended before I can even install the shackles. If anyone has some experience with this or has any suggestions on the easiest way to get it done, pictures and examples would be great. I will also be replacing my front leaf springs, so if the process will be made easier during any of that, that would be great. Also, any input on whether I should drop my T-case or Steering linkage would be super useful.

Thanks a ton!

tenghensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
BIGJoe29
1990 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/f...d-yjs-1421561/
2.5L w/ AX-5, NP231J w/ Rugged Ridge SYE and XJ front driveshaft, open D30 and D35 w/ 4.10 ratio, stock JK 18in wheels w/ Spydertrax 1.25in spacers and 32in toyo at, 2.5in RC lift with .5in shackles(BESRK), rear TJ flares. 8.8 rebuild soon
BIGJoe29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJoe29 View Post
I'm not sure that information is reliable considering the source.
Unread 12-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
BIGJoe29
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Hey canman, do the torx bolts thread right into the relocated holes you used?
2.5L w/ AX-5, NP231J w/ Rugged Ridge SYE and XJ front driveshaft, open D30 and D35 w/ 4.10 ratio, stock JK 18in wheels w/ Spydertrax 1.25in spacers and 32in toyo at, 2.5in RC lift with .5in shackles(BESRK), rear TJ flares. 8.8 rebuild soon
Unread 12-02-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

On the passenger side I utilized one of the holes that the clip from the original side splash guard and on the drivers side I just drilled a new hole and used a self tapper. But if its drilled correctly you could use the torx but who likes torx?
Unread 12-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #6
BIGJoe29
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
On the passenger side I utilized one of the holes that the clip from the original side splash guard and on the drivers side I just drilled a new hole and used a self tapper. But if its drilled correctly you could use the torx but who likes torx?
Cool thanks. Agreed, torx bolts are lame. I will be once i wrap up my sye install. Hijack, my transfer case shifting is really sloppy and only engaging 2hi. I only have my front driveshaft until i get my xj driveshaft modified, so i need to get it working to get me to school. What recommendations do you have for me to get that crispness back into the shifting?
Unread 12-02-2012, 10:59 PM   #7
Anticanman
Follow me
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJoe29 View Post
Cool thanks. Agreed, torx bolts are lame. I will be once i wrap up my sye install. Hijack, my transfer case shifting is really sloppy and only engaging 2hi. I only have my front driveshaft until i get my xj driveshaft modified, so i need to get it working to get me to school. What recommendations do you have for me to get that crispness back into the shifting?
PM sent and I forgot about the linkage thread that's floating around here. I remember that JamesX2 posted in it but I can't remember who posted the pics.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.