Brake Lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Brake Lights

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiBushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 12-14-2011, 07:38 AM   #1
spawnofsatan
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Brake Lights

Maybe someone can help me with my 1990 YJ Issue...

I replace my brake lights with flush mount LEDs a year ago everything works until last night. When my headlights are off and I press the brake pedal one of my brake lights(passenger) is not working now when I turn on the headlights both work fine turn signal ect. The only thing I did was upgrade my headlight wiring harness which I ordered from Eautoworks.

spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
copleydad
1989 YJ Wrangler 

When you upgraded the harness, you added a new relay and new wiring? New headlights? HID? Halogen? Correct size wire?

Sometimes it's easier to undo what you did to see if you do have tail lights, and you probably do, like you did before you did the upgrade many people do, oftentimes incorrectly, like many did, before doing any modifications like you did.

One Jeep is Never Enough
copleydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 08:51 AM   #3
spawnofsatan
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The harness is all plug and play I'll try it during my lunch hr.
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
BlueDanube
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Could likely be a bad ground on one of the tail lights. Older Dodge Ram pickups had this issue when the left rear taillight ground would get bad contact.
Unread 12-17-2011, 12:22 AM   #5
SnowdogMarc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

X2 on the bad ground.
l---L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)____________VE6-SDG
SnowdogMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2011, 06:48 AM   #6
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

When you wired these led in what wire did you use for ground?
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.