brake issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > brake issues

LJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off RoadEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
91RedSled
1991 YJ Wrangler 

brake issues

I'm finally almost done with my axel swap and spring over. Its been a long time since I started it. My final issue is that I can't seem to be able to bleed the brakes. I have went thru three 32 once bottles of fluid. I bleed them until I get no more air out but still no pressure on the peddle. I've done it four times so far. If I pump the brakes I get the pressure and it holds but when I bleed them again I get air. Where could I be getting air if the pressure holds after pumping them???? I'm baffled. Please help

91RedSled is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:11 AM   #2
fishnic
1988 YJ Wrangler 

The most common answer you will find is that the calipers were installed on the incorrect side and has the bleeder pointing down. verify this first
fishnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
91RedSled
1991 YJ Wrangler 

DUHHHH. I kinda feel stupid now. LOL I found that the rear brake adjusters are frozen. Hopefully a rebuild kit on them will do the trick.
91RedSled is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.