brake hose won't disconnect from brake line - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > brake hose won't disconnect from brake line

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 06-12-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
killakeane
1987 YJ Wrangler 

brake hose won't disconnect from brake line

I'm not sure why I sprayed it with wd40 but not the pb which I heard works wonders. I got the banjo off but can't get the hose disconnected the metal line just keeps turning as I turn the wrench. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

[COLOR="Navy"]US Navy Jeep Club Hull# 231[/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkRed"]Maritime Offroading Club[/COLOR]
killakeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Just take the hard line off and replace it too, by the sound of it it's prob seen better days. U can get it at advanced in sections of whatever length u need pretty much. They aren't very expensive either, also it's 3/16s line if u need to no. Otherwise ur only others option is heat it then spray it with pb, put a vise grip on the line and turn the other with a wrench. I just pulled mine off completely and replaced as mine all did what ur describing and were super rusty. I gave up on trying to massage it out and just ran new hard lines...
PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
killakeane
1987 YJ Wrangler 

yeah, guess that's what im going to do over the weekend or early next week when I have some time off.. i fought with it for about an hour hoping it'd come free at somepoint and i was wrong the medal line looked like a twizzler! how difficult was it for you to run the hard line from the master?
Unread 06-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
PA_YJ19
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Not hard at all, for the one hard line that is really long u may have to get an adapter and connect 2 sections together. That was the toughest thing I ran into, once u get the old rusty ones out of there, it's all downhill.
PA_YJ19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #5
killakeane
1987 YJ Wrangler 

they sell the lines by the coil or what? im not sure what exactly too be looking for when i head to the store tomorrow haha, i followed the line today and its not too far that it has too go (front passenger) and while im doing that one i'll probably replace the front driver side as well..
Unread 06-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
dillonjm
30mm @ 70/sec

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakeane View Post
they sell the lines by the coil or what? im not sure what exactly too be looking for when i head to the store tomorrow haha, i followed the line today and its not too far that it has too go (front passenger) and while im doing that one i'll probably replace the front driver side as well..
You can buy it that way, yes, but its easier to buy pre cut lengths that have the ends already on them.

11 Ram 2500 - 6.7 Cummins (DD/Tow Rig)

05 Liberty Limited (Wife's): Minor mods, OME/JBA Suspension, 245 70/17 Duratracs
dillonjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #7
Destr0
1994 YJ Wrangler 

You can either buy a coil of it and use the free loaner double flair tool most auto parts stores have, or you can buy the pre-cut lengths. If the main hard line from the front to the back is the issue then you may need to buy an adapter to connect two shorter lines together.
I somehow ended up as the brake guy and always end up running new hard lines for people so I have my own double flair tool and keep a bunch of fittings and lines in my shop.

:-)

PS> If you rent a loaner DF tool make sure it has all the pieces before you leave the store! Ask me how I know....
Destr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:09 AM   #8
jbolty

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Flaring lines is not all that hard but it is a skill to do well. If you measure with care you can replace all the hard lines on the entire jeep with pre flared sections for about $50. You will probably need one union for the front to back section and one for the piece running over to the right front wheel. Otherwise you can get enough different lengths to make it all fit perfectly.

If the rest of the brakes need attention it's a good time to replace everything and have all new parts with all good clean fluid. You will notice a difference.
If you live within wheeling distance of San Diego county, click here
jbolty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #9
killakeane
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbolty View Post

If the rest of the brakes need attention it's a good time to replace everything and have all new parts with all good clean fluid. You will notice a difference.
It's sold in kits for that, correct? like on 4wd, quadratec etc etc...? do you know where I could pick up a reasonably priced one? kinda working on a budget between my jeep, my living costs, college and of course the woman...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.