brake booster - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > brake booster

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 11-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
chef_kb

brake booster

i have a 86 comanche. brakes were working fine, came to a stop, pedal goes almost to the floor. can pump it up a bit. if the engine is off, the brakes feel fine, with foot on pedal, start engine, pedal goes to floor. also brake light stays on. since it happend all at once i doubt air in lines. brake booster problem? also if i take vacume line off booster and plug it, i do not have to pump up the brakes.

chef_kb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Alfons
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Look for a leak in one of the lines or components.
Alfons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-22-2009, 03:27 PM   #3
MJMPC
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Check the back of your wheels for leaks .

http://www.dav.org/

MJM Powder Coating
Elizabethtown Ky.

http://www.cityprofile.com/
MJMPC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-30-2009, 03:17 PM   #4
chef_kb

no leaks, replaced booster, took for test drive seemed fine. pulling in drive way felt like emergency brake stuck. all 4 wheels are locked up. ????
chef_kb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.