Brake Booster?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > YJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Brake Booster??

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 07-08-2006, 10:36 AM   #1
CarsonKetrowYJ

Brake Booster??

I have this annoying problem ...my brake pedal whistles/squeals. Whenever I am driving down the road, on and off constantly it makes that noise. When I depress the pedal a little bit it stops the squeak for a few moments, then it just starts right back up. so I am constantly tapping the brakes all the way down the road. I was thinking perhaps it was my brake booster seal leaking air..I'm not sure any ideas would be helpful.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)

"I know what I was feelin' but what was I thinkin?"
CarsonKetrowYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2006, 01:19 PM   #2
flame0086
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I use to have a wistle in my brake boster. It was coming from a worn out groumout where the vacum line goes into the brake boster. It was a pain in the *** to find a new one, but I finaly found one from the helpful guys at NAPA.
flame0086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2006, 09:07 AM   #3
Vancopbs

Most likely the main seal is shot, grab another booster.
South Gate, Ca 90280
800-256-6295
323-563-1588
Vancopbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.